Chapter-17 | Best of me

"That's all for today

"That's all for today. Remember the deadline for the project is next month. You have one month to create a song with your partners about the topic you've been given. Don't be careless with this project, it carries half the marks for your terminal exams." The music teacher said and left the classroom. I stretched my legs after an hour and half of sitting with cramped legs. Around me, the other students started moving towards their next classes.

"Say y/n, where do you want to discuss and plan for this project?" I heard Jin ask me. The project was to create a song on the assigned topic with your bench partners and I was partnered with Jinie and Minnie for that. "I don't know, you choose. But, let's not do it today only. I have to meet up with Bang PD and also have dance practice for my new songs."

"We also need to meet up with him to inform him about us being soul mates and some work at the dorms, so let's start with the project tomorrow in our dorms, okay?" Jimin started listing out the works they had. "Fine with me. Let's go to the company together after college?" I proposed and started walking out the classroom with them.

"Of course. See you later then!" They waved at me and I headed towards my dance class with Ally. Entering the dance studio for the class, I was greeted by Hobi who was warming up near the corner. We both smiled at each other and continued with our activities; him warming up and me making my way towards the changing room.

"You're starting to look like the old you." Ally smiled at me a mysterious smile. "What do you mean by 'the old me'?" She did not reply and just kept staring at me with a weird smile. "Stop it! You look creepy." I lightly hit her on the shoulder and she instantly started acting like I hurt her and laughed after I sent a glare her way.

After changing, we got inside the dance studio right on time. The dance instructor entered the studio a minute later than us and the class started. We were asked to perform solo one by one and the class ended after half the students had performed. Our dance instructor promised to continue the same thing in next class and dismissed us.

Ally left for home with Jackson once the classes ended and I was left waiting for the guys to finish their classes so that we could get back to working. Just then, I received a text from them to meet them at the parking lot. I started walking towards the parking lot when suddenly Alex called out to me.

"Hey, y/n! Wait up." I turned back to see him running towards me. "What do you want Alex? I told you I want nothing to do with you anymore." I made a face at him. He winced a bit when I said that, but put on a bitter smile. "Sorry, I forgot you had found someone better than me." He forced those words out with bitterness painted on his face.

"I just want a picture with you. You know, something to remember you by. Please don't say no. Just a picture." He pleaded clinging to my arm. "Fine, fine! Make it quick. I have somewhere to get to." He quickly snapped a selfie of us and ran away. I shook my head at his behavior and continued what I was doing before.

"I thought you got lost again. Come quick." Joon called out to me when he saw me walking like a turtle. "Sorry I held you back. I met Alex on the way and he wasn't letting me move forward; asking for a picture with me." At this, the guys all shared a look, but I did not pay any mind to it thinking they did not like me interacting with him.

Even I did not want to interact with him anymore. "Did he do something to you?" Yoongi asked after we got inside the cars and started driving towards the company. "No, no. He just wanted a picture. Let's not talk about him, please yoongs?" I requested not wanting to think about him.

"Yoongs? Is that my nickname?" He smirked at me and gave Taehyung and Jungkook a look as if boasting 'you two are the only ones without a nickname' making them pout. "Do you not like it? Do you prefer 'min suga genius jjang jjang man ppong ppong' instead?" I teased referring to the name he had called himself before.

At my teasing the younger ones who had been listening in on our conversation laughed and high-fived me. "Only you can get him to be speechless." I winked feeling proud and said, "I could give you some lessons if you want, Tae."

"And me?" Jungkook made a puppy dog face. How does he make this face so well? "You too, Koo." He smiled so wide after he heard me calling him 'Koo'. I could not believe that me calling them some nicknames could have this much effect on them. "None of my hyungs call me Koo, and you're the only one who can." His happy mood also got me happy.

Soon after, we arrived at the company. After getting out of the respective cars, we went to uncle Si Hyuk's or as they call him Bang PD's office. He looked surprised to see us all together there. I gave him a hug to greet him and the others bowed. "So, you're all here to tell me that my y/n-ie is your final soul mate?"

"How did you know? Oh never mind, you're a smart man you put two and two together." Joon chuckled and slapped uncle's shoulder lightly, but ended up hitting a bit hard and immediately started apologizing. "You almost broke my shoulder there." Hitman Bang started laughing and motioned us to take a seat.

We all sat down on the sofas and looked at him, waiting for him to talk. "Okay so, I think I must start with warning all you guys. Y/n-ie is like a daughter to me and I have promised her dad to never let her get hurt, so if one of you'll ever even get her upset, get ready to face my wrath." He made eye contact with each of the guys to make sure they understood his words. That was the time when I first found my guilt fading away by a tiny amount and felt like I had to give myself a chance like others did.

"You don't need to worry. Even though I keep on breaking things, my soul mates' heart is something that I'd never ever put a scratch on." Joon said, but got flustered by his own words when we all looked at him with adoration.

The guys all nodded determinedly and assured uncle that no such thing would be happening. After that, Bang PD got onto the other important matters. "So, it's not my place to make the decision for you all regarding this matter which is why I'm asking this. Do you want to announce this news to the public? I personally think that you should wait a few months, but it's up to you."

This thing was something we had already discussed a while before and we had decided to wait a few months before announcing it to our fans. Joon took the initiative to answer it for us and Bang PD agreed to it. "Now, that's decided you can get back to your work."

"Okay then. I'm going to get back to learning the choreography." I bowed and left the office. The guys must've had something more to discuss with Hitman Bang about their next comeback, so they stayed. The rest of my day was spent working on the new choreography and gathering ideas for the new project which would technically be a collab between bangtan and myself.

Maybe we should release it as an official collab song. This way, fans can get used to seeing us together as well. I'll mention it to the guys next day. I thought and started paying attention to the dance instructor.

A/N: Things are getting serious now, eh?

A/N:
Things are getting serious now, eh?