"uhm jax, whos this?."

JAXS POV -next morning-
——————
i've just spent my first night in my dormitory.
i was quite disappointed as i wanted to at least meet my dorm mate.
he must have been out, probably partying.

nevertheless, i stretch and get myself out of bed, i feel very well rested as i got to get a good lie in, it wasn't great having to catch trains every morning.
though i might head down and meet father sometime.

the dorm i'm staying in has 3 rooms, one with 2 bunk beds on either wall of the room and each having a desk and chair underneath.
there is a bathroom.
and finally a dining room with the kitchen, and a set of table and chairs.

my side of the room is obviously plain as i've only moved in, but my door mates is full of stuff.
he has posters of different movies and games plastered up his side of the walls.
and a gaming pc with a console.
he seems cool so far.

i hear clanking in the dining room, so i make my way over to investigate.

a man, the same age as me, stands over the hob.
he's cooking some eggs, great breakfast food.

i would say he's about two or three inches shorter than me.
he has black-brown hair.
and is in a white shirt with grey sweatpants.

"hey." i say drowsily.

the man jumps a little, and turns around swiftly, "oh- hey! you're finally up."

i chuckle, "yeah, i slept great."

"the names diego, nice to meet you." he smiles directly at me.
his smile is so contagious.

"jax, nice to meet you too." i grin. "you been here a while? you seem pretty decked out already."

diego turns back round to his eggs. "nah, i've only been here for about three or four days, seriously cant remember now."

"ahh cool, i've just got here too so suppose i better get used to a students way of life." i say sitting down at the table.

"i think you'll manage alright." diego starts to plate his eggs.
he steps over to the table and dishes some out infront of me too.

"oh- thanks." i smile at him.

"no worries. what class do you have now?" he questions.

i run my hands through my hair, "hall 4b, the 11am session."

"i'm headed there now too, let's go down together? truthfully, i haven't exactly hit it off great with people here."

"of course." i take a bite out of my eggs, instantly spitting it back out.

i rush for the sink grasp for a glass from the cupboards and quickly fill it up with water.
i gulp the whole thing down.

"how much salt did you put in that?!" i laugh.

diego also rushes over for water too, "i wouldn't say i'm much of a professional chef either.. so don't expect 3 course meals everyday."

i chuckle, "i should probably get ready anyway."

diego struggles to speak as he has his mouth full of water, "ye-ul me to-*cough*"

i end the conversation on that note and stride to my fully packed suite case, i only need a simple outfit anyway, at least until i get unpacked.

i snatch a pair of sweats and a large hoodie.

it'll have to do.

i quickly get changed and pack my school bag i'm ready to leave until i hear a shout from behind me.
swiftly i turn around.

diego's standing in front of me, a mess, he's thrown on clothes that don't even match.
no wonder he cant get on with anyone here.
he looks like a lunatic.

"hey, hey, hey, you are not leaving like that. checkered and striped? seriously." i look him up and down.

"yeah again i'm not the greatest fashion designer either, i'm not really good at anything am i?.." he chuckles lightly.

"here," i go and snatch a few things from my suitcase and throw it at him. "hopefully it'll fit you okay, it's certainly better than that." i try to hold in my laughter.

"yeah, yeah, thanks." he rolls his eyes and wanders into the bathroom.

diego seems genuine, i feel like we're going to get along well. he's definitely clumsy that's for sure.
i know we'll be friends, if not now, then eventually.

he finally emerges from the bathroom.
the clothes i've given him fit like a glove.

"right, that's a lot better" i laugh, "we can go now."

THEOS POV
———————

"class 4b.. class 4b.."
i'm lost.
this school is massive.
and i don't have the greatest sense of direction, i never thought i'd find myself in this situation either.
and it would be rude to interfere with another lesson and ask for directions.
at that i'd get laughed at.
the university seemed so small on the outside, but really it's a whole labyrinth.

i might as well just give up and skip class.
the lesson starts in 5 minutes and i won't get there in time anyway.

i start to walk away and then i hear faint laughing, and an all too familiar snort.
that's bound to be jax.
but who's he with?

i rush towards the noise and find two boys, laying in the floor in despair, unable to breathe.

"you two okay?.." i ask

they only laugh more but the unfamiliar boy manages to say "ye-yeah" before bursting out laughing again.

jax starts to stand up but wobbles and falls down again.
causing them to be in hysterics.

"here" i hold my hand out, and usher him to hold it so i can help him up.

his muscular hands meet mine and soon again he's up on his feet.
he also helps the other boy up too.

finally they've calmed down, though tears still stream from their eyes.

"uhm, jax who's this?" i say it kindly, but deep inside i'm jealous.
what can be so funny?
why are they crying through laughter?
why doesn't jax do that with me.

"this is diego, my room mate. diego, this is theo my childhood best friend from secondary." he smiles at us both, whilst placing his arm around diego's shoulders.

diego turns to me, lifts up my hand and kisses it.

"nice to meet you, m'lady." i can tell he was trying to not laugh.

beside him, jax bursts out laughing.

"oi! mate it's not funny, i was being polite."

there was a long silent pause before they fall down and start crying of laughter again.
i didn't get was so funny but i lightly laughed along too, to not make it awkward.

i space out staring at the two boys slapping eachother from laughter.

what was so funny?
why does it seem like jax and diego have known eachother for years.
that should be my job.

that should be me.