C h a p t e r t e n

I think I want your American tan
I think you're gonna be my biggest fan

Not only was it the echoing sound of sirens that woke Harry up from his sleep- it was the sound of broken photo frames hitting the wooden floors downstairs. It was followed soon after frantic footsteps. Tears started prickling through his eyes as he held his Bunny closer to his chest, as if it's a sort of way to protect him from the person behind his bedroom door.

The doorknob started rattling; the sound questioning him why he had chosen to lock it in the first place. It was just causing more trouble. It was quiet for a moment when his door slammed open revealing a very pissed off Father. The drunken stare from the older man only seemed to make him cry even harder.

The man lunged towards Harry, gripping his wrists with his heavy hands - a grip that is sure to leave bruises.

"Desmond, please" a woman's voice begged from the doorway, her voice brittle and her eyes teary. "He's just a boy!"

"He called the fucking cops!" The voice slurred and spat in Harry's face. "If I go to jail-"

"- I didn't do anything!" Harry yelled through his tears, tugging his arms towards his chest in hopes of escaping the tight clasp.

"Talking back now, eh?"

Before Harry could blink an eye he felt a sharp pain against his cheek, the burning mark lingering on his skin. Showcasing a bright red handprint on the right side of his face as he stared at the blurring figures through his tears.

"-arry" a disembodied voice faded through. "Harry wake up!"

"Wake up god damnit!"

Harry jolted up tears still streaming down his face trying to catch his breath. But even through the tears he could see the familiar sea of blue staring down at him, almost like a promise that he was safe. And he believed them.

"L-louis?" Harry stuttered out. "I'm sorry... Did I- I didn't me-mean to wake you- I'm sorry-" the boy trampled over his own words.

Louis sat down and pulled him into a hug , laying his head on his chest and letting the tears run wering Louis' shirt.

"Shh" he whispered in hopes of stopping the tears. "What happened?"

Harry simply shook his head and buried his face deeper into Louis' shoulder. The lingering smell of his shower and sleep seemed to calm him a little more.

"Okay" Louis muttered softly. "You don't have to talk about it - not right now. We could just..." His breath unleavened. "We could just stay like this until you calm down, okay?"

A few minutes have passed by now and all he could hear were the sniffles that filled the room

"I-I had a nightmare" Harry whispered

"Yeah?" Louis breathed calmly while tracing small circles on Harry's shoulder with his thumb. " What was it about?"

"They came to take my Father away. He thought it was me who called the cops I-I didn't Gemma did, but he would never h-hurt her." Harry had quiet tears streaming down his face. Louis only hugged him tighter moving his hands under his shirt feeling his soft skin and tracing comforting circles on his hips

"He u-used to" Harry started, but his voice  hesitated. "He used t-to hit, Lou."

"What?"

"My da- Desmond. He used to hit me"

He couldn't understand. How could anyone do this to Harry when he was so young and innocent. It made Louis' heart ache and he got the need to protect this boy from people like his father.

" What do you-"

"- you know exactly what I mean Lou" Harry muttered against his chest. Still wet from his previous tears

"Oh H-Hazza, I'm so sorry" Louis whispered

❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️

Xxx
-Abbi

@Miami_21