C h a p t e r t w e l v e

"Who was that?" Louis whispered, his hold on Harry suddenly protective.

Harry shook his head and whispered back, "I don't know...you don't think it's a-"

"-stay here" Louis cut him off and push Harry off him so the boy was seated next to him.

"Louis,  what are you doing?"

" I'm gonna go see who it is."

"Are you crazy!?"

"For you, yes."

"This is not the time for pick up lines!" Harry growled and stood on his knees. "What if the-"

Cut off with another kiss, Harry yelped in surprise and fell backwards. Louis cupped  Harry's chin, causing the boy's eyes to flutter closed again. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't completely savour the moment. Louis pulled away. "Stay. Here."

Still in a slight daze, Harry didn't bother with a respond. Not until Louis was standing at the door with a smirk. "You look cute when you're angry by the way."

"Wha-" then the door closed.

Outside his room, in the hallway, Louis was met with the sight of Liam and Niall standing by the stairs-hanging slightly forward on the railing in a failed attempt to see who it is.

"Is that a baseball bat?" Louis questioned, gesturing to the bat in Liam's hand.

"No?"

" No offense , but we have bigger problems than Liam with your baseball bat." Nial said, for once completely serious about the situation.

Louis sighed, knowing that Niall was right. He neared the staircase and stood in between the two. "So how are we going to handle this?"

"Go back to our rooms and call the police."

"That's not an option, Niall. What if they come up here and kill us Johnny style" Liam snapped back, clearly becoming more freaked out with each passing second.

"This isn't ' The Shining ' , you moron" Louis rolled his eyes.

"I can hear you guys talking, you know?" The voice chuckled.

"Niall, look what you've done you idiot!" Liam whispered harshly and took a deep breath attempting to calm himself down. "Alright, I'm going in."

"That's what's every single dead horror movie character had ever said." Niall replied

"Would you all stop making movie references and just go down there already!?" Harry questioned as he peeked out from his door.

"Nice bruises, Haz." Niall snorted completely ignoring the situation once again.

"Shut up, Niall!" The three boys responded, which was shortly followed by a flushing toilet and the bathroom door opening. Joe.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" Joe asked looking up at the four of them.

"Us? What the fuck-How did you even get in?!" Liam growled and lifted the baseball bat.

Joe rolled his eyes "Well let's just say someone forgot to put the spare key under the carpet."

Liam and Harry glared at each other, no doubt having one their telepathic fights.

"You can come up now, buddy before it gets physical. " Joe yelled, clearly talking to the stranger down stairs.

With a laugh, the boys could hear footsteps walking across the landing and getting louder as the neared the stair.

Harry glanced at the figure for a moment and the returned to glare back at Liam- who was obviously responsible for the situation they were in- before snapping his head back to the person. With wide eyes he muttered, "Zayn?"

"Hey Hazza, it's been a long time."