dare

"You better check on that, sir." Quackity laughs and hangs up the phone. The whole living room is filled with laughter coming from all sides. Sapnap had dared Quackity to call a restaurant and ask if their refrigerator was running. It was the dumbest dare, but Quackity made it funnier. Quackity starts to look around our spread out circle. George is on the floor by the sliding glass door, I'm on the couch next to him, Sapnap is next to me, and Karl is across the room from me sitting criss-cross on the floor, and Quackity is sitting on the other couch. Quackity looks directly at Karl. "Karl. Truth or dare." He hums.

"Truth, I've done enough dares in a row." Karl giggles. Quackity puts on his thinking face. His face lights up with an idea.

"Do you like anyone right now?" Quackity smirks. I shake my head, a smile on my face. We are grown men in our twenties and we are asking each other questions like this. "Why are you laughing, Dream?" Quackity questions me. I just laugh some more before actually responding.

"I just find it funny that we are asking each other these questions." I laughed. 

"To be fair, we don't actually talk about this stuff on a normal. Like we don't get this deep." Sapnap adds as my laughing dies down. I nod in agreement. I guess we don't talk about our feelings very often. I guess this is where things like this come in and we just get side tracked and just talk.

"So, Karl?" Quackity looks back over to the boy whose face is pink now.

"Wait so you mean like a crush? Because I like orange crush." He giggles, covering his face with his hands that are buried in his sweatshirt. Quackity puts his head in his hand, physically face-palming. Everyone laughs, including Karl. I glance over at Sapnap next to me, noticing that Karl keeps looking at him. Sapnap keeps glancing over at Karl, noticeably glancing between George and Karl. I shake my head, letting out a light chuckle. "Sapnap's turn." Karl says quickly.

"Hmmmm okay. Dream, truth or dare?" Sapnap looks over at me, moving his body slightly to face me. I think of the things he could possibly make me do if I choose dare, but I could think of so many more if I choose truth. If I choose truth, he could almost get me to confess my feelings about George. Ever since I told him the week before George actually moved in, Sapnap has been giving me looks whenever I'm with George. It's been awful because it's making me just want to tell him, but I know it's too early. It's been about a month and a half and I still don't feel ready to say anything.

"Hm, Dare." I blurt out, forgetting my thoughts. Sapnap looks at George and then back at me, a wide grin plastered to his face.

"I dare you," He pauses. I glance at George to see his face has turned a light pink. "to kiss George."

"Oh my god, he's cracked your honor." Karl says quickly and quietly. I feel my face turn 5 shades redder as it gets really warm.

"Seriously, Sapnap..." George mutters under his breath, looking nervous. Quackity is laughing quietly alongside Karl. Sapnap still has a grin on his face. I take a deep breath, looking at George. George looks at me, his face probably as red as mine.

"Are you okay with this?" I mouth to George. He visibly takes in a deep breath, nodding slowly. I wasn't going to do it unless he was okay with it. Otherwise I would have told Sapnap to choose a different dare for me. I motion for George to come closer to the couch since he's sitting on the floor. He gets up on his knees, shuffling over to the couch near me. I pull his face towards mine, my fingertips on his chin. My lips are inches from his when I turn my head to the ear away from the other three to whisper to him. "Just one kiss." I whisper to him and I feel him nod slightly under my fingertips. My lips nearly graze his cheek, hovering over his soft pink ones.

"Kiss already, damn it." Quackity laughs out loud. Next thing I know, my lips have found their way to George's, the nerves in my body immediately disappearing. George's lips press lightly against mine. The feeling of his lips on mine almost feels lost, like he's confused and trying to figure out if this is right. I almost forget it's not just us in the room until I pull away from him and they all start shouting in excitement. George quickly finds his way back to his spot on the floor. His face is still red and he's looking at the floor. 

-

The rest of the night is a blur to me until we all retreat for bed. A few more dares and a lot more truths were asked and told through the rest of the night. At some point the truths just turned into talking about our feelings and we got into some crying. I feel exhausted after tonight, physically and emotionally. My body sinks into my bed as I stare up at the ceiling thinking about the kiss between George and I and his reaction to it. I can't tell completely, but I think he might like me back? I don't know. Sapnap has to know something or else he was just torturing me with this. He wouldn't just pick on me, though. As I'm staring at my ceiling, getting lost in my thoughts, a soft knock on my bedroom door interrupts my deep thinking. 

"Come in." I mumble loud enough for whoever was on the other side to hear. The door opens and I see George's small-framed silhouette standing in the doorframe. I squint my eyes at the change in brightness from the hallway and my bedroom. My bedroom is completely dark, but in the hallway, there is light emitting from a lamp in the living room at the bottom of the stairs. It's not much of a difference, but it still makes me squint my eyes. I sit up as he walks in, shutting the door behind him. "What's up?" I ask, looking at him as he walks over and sits next to me on the edge of my bed.

"So um...that kiss..." George starts. I feel my heart drop to my stomach, the slight anxiety starting to overcome me. I hope this doesn't mess up our friendship and make it awkward to live together.

"Yeah?" I say, filling the silence that I can't take anymore.

"I don't know..." George finally says, looking down at his hands in his lap. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I just... I'm not sure. I need to process it more." His eye contact is limited as he stays focused on his hands.

"I mean, you said you were okay with it." I state, trying my best to not sound defensive.

"I did, and I am. I just-" George stops when I push his face up gently to look at mine. My expression is blank, but is full of curiosity of what could become of the two of us. Our eyes stay connected as he moves his body more to face mine. My eyes flit between his and his lips. I feel George's hand rest on my thigh as he moves closer and it sends chills down my spine. I can feel my heart racing as our faces move closer, our lips barely grazing one another's. His hand on my thigh moves up to my cheek, pulling me in to close the very thin gap between our lips. George kisses me back slowly, his hand now resting on my neck. We kiss for a little bit until we find ourselves needing to breathe again and take everything in. I look down, away from George and he brings my chin back up to make me look at him. His face only lit by the moonlight shining through the window, a small smile across his lips. I smile back at him, communicating with him that I'm okay. My smile is cut off with a yawn, triggering George to yawn right after me. "Stop it, Dream." He laughs through his yawn. I chuckle, running my hands through my hair.

"I think we should go to bed." I mumble sleepily, turning my phone on to check the time. I notice it is 2 am and I sigh. 

"Um..." George says quietly. "Can I stay in here, with you, tonight?" I look back up at him, shooting him a soft smile and a nod. 

"Of course, George." I smile, bringing his head towards me, kissing his forehead. After, he climbs over to the wall side of my bed. He lays down, pulling the comforter over him. I get under the comforter with him, laying awkwardly next to him. I don't know if laying close to him would be too much or not. He rolls over to face me, a slight frown on his face. 

"Are you going to cuddle me or just lay there?" He pouts, and I shake my head with a smile. He shoots me a tired smile, rolling back over to face the wall. I wrap an arm around his middle, pulling him close to my chest. "Goodnight, Dream." George mumbles, sleepily.

"Goodnight, George." I whisper in his hair, falling asleep while matching my breathing with his.