melt

I wake up, my arm draped over a sleeping George. I take a deep breath in, taking in the smell of his shampooed hair. I smile, kissing the back of his head gently. I don't even care what time it is anymore, I just want to lay here with George forever. I hear a soft knock on my bedroom door. I roll over slightly to see the door crack open and Sapnap's head poking in. He smiles.

"Are you guys okay? It's going on 3pm." He whispers and I nod with a smile.

"I'll talk to you later about it, okay?" I whisper, but almost mouth so I don't wake George. He nods, closing the door as he leaves. I roll back over to George, who still hasn't moved an inch. This is probably the most sleep either of us has gotten in the past six months, at least it is for me. It's really hard for me to not fall back asleep to the pattern of George's slow breathing, but he wakes up, rolling over to face me. His sleepy face smiles at me, leaning over to give me a kiss. He gives me a quick kiss and I smile back at him. "Good morning, or should I say afternoon?" I chuckle and he groans, the smile on his face getting bigger as he rubs his eyes.

"Shut up." He groans, burying his face in my chest.

"Sapnap just came to check on us and said it was almost 3pm." I giggle and so does he.

"Listen, ever since I got that call from you that you were in prison, I haven't slept more than 4-5 hours every night. And you know how I need my sleep." He confesses and I nod in agreement.

"You're right. Poor Sapnap having to deal with grumpy Gogy." I giggle and George almost pushes me off the bed, laughing. He pulls me back in by my shirt, wrapping his arm around me quickly.

"You're so warm, I just want to stay in bed all day." He hums and I can't help but smile.

"We need to go eat something at least." I try to pry at him to get out of bed with me. It bothers me if I stay in bed all day without doing anything productive. He groans, burying his face deeper into my chest. I can't stop smiling at the fact I get to lay with him again. "I'll make you food if you want to stay in bed."

"Mmm okay." He agrees, letting me get out of bed. Before I leave, I lift his chin to give him a quick kiss on the lips and then I kiss his forehead. Right before I open the door to leave, I hear George again. "Hey, Dream?"

"Yes?" I turn to look at him smiling like an idiot.

"I love you." He grins more and I smile back.

"I love you, too." I chuckle as he rolls back over to sleep some more and I finally leave my bedroom. I make my way downstairs, leaving the bathroom to meet Sapnap sitting in the kitchen on a stool at the island. I don't realize I still have a smile on my face until Sapnap says something.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" He chuckles. I turn away from getting eggs out of the fridge, raising my eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean?" I laugh, realizing I was smiling still. He just laughs at me, shaking his head. I start to get out George's favorite breakfast items from our fridge so I can start making both of us something to eat. Sapnap just decides to sit and talk with me while I do this.

"So when did George finally decide to make his way to your room?" He asks.

"Well, not too much longer after I laid down. He was really emotional and just cried and clung to me." I pause, tears starting to well in my eyes, remembering last night.

"He really missed you. When he found out you were 100 percent innocent from evidence, he broke down in tears, really happy that it wasn't you. He said he felt bad for all the things he said to you." Sapnap pauses to think. "I don't know if he told you that since he's awful at expressing how he feels." I nod in response.

"True, he didn't tell me about that, but I'm glad he told you. I think he knows now that I forgive him." A light smile spreads across my face thinking about when I finally said those three little words. "I told him I loved him last night." My smile getting bigger as I crack some eggs into the skillet.

"That's good." I could hear the smile in Sapnap's voice. "He really loves you, Dream. He never stopped talking about you." The more and more I hear about how George felt about me this whole time makes me want to just stay with him forever.

"Sap, I know this might sound like the craziest idea I've ever had-"

"Oh god, what now?" Sapnap cuts me off. I just smile, flipping the egg in the pan.

"I'm just saying, even though we never were official, I want to ask him the question." I emphasize 'the' along with the biggest smile forming on my face, my cheeks starting to hurt from smiling all morning.

"Wait, the ring question? That type of question?" Sapnap asks almost in shock. I just nod, looking at him. He smiles and nods. "I think that's a good idea."