Chapter 4

Rosena put down all the bags she was carrying.

It was fortunate that she found a place to stay before sunset.

Rosena looked around the cabin.

As if it had been left unattended for a long time, the ceiling was covered with spider silk, and and there were so many white dust on the window and floor.

Every time she moved, she heard the sound of a worn-out board.

The walls and floors also smelled soggy of wet trees.

Rosena put dry firewood in the old fireplace.

She tried to make a fire, but it didn't go as well as she thought.

As Rosena crouched down and rubbed the firewood for a long time, Yerhan approached and skillfully created the fire.

A pile of firewood caught fire at once. The flame drove away the chilly energy and swallowed even the dark darkness.

A fluttering red light shone on the two. Rosena looked at the side profile of Yerhan in the light.

She could see a nose as sharp as a blade and a smooth jawline.

Along with the sound of the fire swallowed up the firewoods, the light glistened on the golden eyelashes.

With a face that wasn't supposed to be in this shabby place, Rosena swallowed a sigh without realizing it.

It was no doubt that she must have accepted his request to stay after falling for that face.

Rosena opened her bag and took out her usual blanket. It would get colder at dawn, so she needed something to cover up.

The hustle and bustle stopped, the two sat in front of the fireplace.

Yerhan, who was still staring at the flame, opened his mouth first.

"How did you find a cabin like this?"

"I asked the animals."

Rosena answered casually, putting dry firewood in the fireplace.

"What?"

As if he had misheard, he narrowed his eyes and looked at Rosena. Rosena shrugged lightly.

"I was kidding."

She thought he wouldn't believe it anyway.

Even she spoke frankly to a maid who looked after her when she was a child.

But the maid took Rosena's words as lies.

At that time, she showed the maid her ability talking to animals to prove her innocence, but she freaked out and looked at Rosena with frightened eyes.

She didn't tell anyone about that since then

Yerhan, who was lost in thought for a moment, muttered to himself.

"So it was thanks to the animal's help that you found me earlier."

When he took her words quite seriously, Rosena's eyes shook.

She thought he'd laugh at her for being ridiculous.

Embracing a strange feeling, Rosena rose from her seat.

She took the bed sheet that stuck in the corner of the cabinet and laid it on the bed.

It was shabby compared to the inn, but much better than sleeping outside.

"You can sleep here. I'm gonna sleep on the floor."

Rosena tapped on the bed, saying she'd let it because he was hurt.