Chapter 6

Yerhan Herbet, the illegitimate son of the Emperor, whose identity as a royal family had so far been kept secret.

Yerhan's mother was the only child of a rural area lord, pregnant with Yerhan after spending one night with the emperor.

But she did not reveal that he was the emperor's child, and was eventually expelled from the family under the stigma of being pregnant with the body of a virgin.

She gave birth to Yerhan in a foreign land and had difficulty raising him throughout the empire.

When Yerhan turned 14, she became ill and handed over his identification card. Shortly before her death, she revealed his father's identity.

But Yerhan did not visit the imperial, nor brag about his birth to anyone.

He thought there must be a reason why his mother kept his existence strictly as a secret.

While burying his mother and wandering around the empire, something happened.

And it started to spread rumors that Yerhan was an imperial family.

Yerhan fled, but rumors that another imperial family appeared had already secretly entered the imperial city.

The first one to heard the rumor, the Empress, quickly sent assassins to kill Yerhan.

Yerhan dealt with assassins to survive.

However, the more he killed a man with a sword, the more strange he became.

His rationality was eaten by instinct, and the surrounding area was always covered in blood after he woke up.

He was afraid of his uncontrollable self, but Yerhan had no choice but to lift the sword.

Just like today.

After being chased by assassins, Yerhan entered the forest of echoes.

He was going to left the assassins into the forest.

But contrary to his wishes, the assassins were persistent, and eventually forced to face the sword.

When he came to his senses after a long time, the situation was over.

Yerhan, who managed to escape the dead bodies of the assassins, sank.

He couldn't control his body any more. The seething flesh seemed to subside only after he cut down animals.

At this rate, it was clear that he would lose his rationality and change.

"Are you okay?"

With a soft voice, someone laid a hand on Yerhan's shoulder. There were a few short bursts of breath.

One hand on his shoulder calmed his hot body, and his stuffy breath got better.

As soon as the lost rationality returned, the hand was about to fall from Yerhan's shoulder.

Yerhan held that hand reflexively. For him, thay hand was a salvation and a ray of light that hold him to not fall into the abyss.

Knowing the urgency, the owner of the hand stayed still.

There seemed to be a refreshing energy blowing deep into the lungs from the hand in contact.

The soft, warm hands were nothing but like a resting place for Yerhan.

The body calmed down, and the pulse was back to normal.

All the destructive emotions like animals who lost their rationality disappeared and his head became calm.