João Félix (Requested)

How the FUCK could they do this to me? I am, well was, one of the best damn nurses in the hospital. I've got so much more skills and talents than half the people who they didn't let go. I don't care if this gets me in trouble, but I don't care. It is the truth. I have brought that hospital so much success and money for hospital improvements even as young as I am. I worked hard for this career and it completely vanished within 30 minutes.

I am seeing red as I get out of my car and walk into my home. I throw my things on the ground, with my Mac book in it and everything.

"Uh, hi." João said reluctantly walking out the kitchen.

"I just list my job," I spit out.

"Oh my, what? I'm so sorry. What happened?" He asks, walking towards me.

"Apparently they had to let random nurses and doctors go out of the blue at once, and I guess I, the almost head nurse was the first on their list." I say bitterly.

"Bless your heart. That is so unfair," He says, reaching out to hug me.

"No! It's not just unfair, it's the end of my fucking career. I worked so hard for that stupid job. Do you know how hard it is to find a stable income as a nurse at my age? It's not like football, where you have a manager that does all your work for searching for a new team for more money. I actually have to figure it out myself so I can live!" I yell at him. I see hurt flat across his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that..." he says carefully making me feel terrible now.

The guilt makes me want to walk away from him completely, which is what I do. I walk into the kitchen, and pace around.

What the hell am I going to do now? What on Earth did I do to deserve this bad karma? I won't find another job for months. Maybe even years. This one took me almost 2 years to get.

My anger quickly subsides into panic, and suddenly I am pacing even more with worry rather than frustration. I feel tears coming out my eyes as I run my fingers through my hair, which is one of my nervous habits.

I suddenly stop moving and slump down into a kitchen chair resting my forehead on the table and beginning to sob.

I feel a hand run down my back. João tries to comfort me as I cry, completely falling apart right there at the kitchen table.

When I finally calm down and sit up, sniffling, he sits next to me and reaches for my hands, holding them tightly in his own.

"I'm sorry I snapped. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it." I say, looking into his eyes.

"No, no, Y/N it's fine. Don't worry about it." He says shaking his head.

"I'm just so worried about what will happen. It took me forever to find that job and now it is completely gone." I say defeatedly.

"You'll find one. You're an amazingly smart woman. It truly doesn't make sense that they let you go at all. They don't deserve you if they didn't realize how incredibly skilled you are," he says nicely. I treat him horribly and he still tells me the most caring things.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more sweetheart," he smiles.