the pep talk

Happy reading!!

"An umbrella?" Bright asked.

"No it's an icecream." Win said.

It was lunch break and Win knew Bright was planning to sleep again but knowing they had an important test, he had to keep him awake. And that's how they ended up playing this game.

"What is it?" Win asked.

"Has anybody ever told you your fingers are magical? I wonder what else they can do." Bright said with his eyes closed.

"Shut up Bright." Win blushed and slapped Bright's shoulders lightly.

Bright laughed.

"Okay again", he said.

Win drew a figure on Bright's back while he tried to observe the trace of other person's finger.

"A heart?" Bright asked.

"No it's a bus."

"I'm going to sleep I don't wanna play this game, you're cheating."

"Okay okay one more time." Win said.

"This?" Win asked.

"A sun?"

"A..nd..", Win said wandering his finger lazily on Bright's back, "this?"

"A condom?"

"You're impossible!" Win laughed.

Bright turned around to face Win and oh how beautiful his face was. He had twinkling eyes and bunny smile. He looked so gorgeous.

Win stopped laughing when he realized Bright was looking at him with so much affection. He returned the gaze with same warmth if not more.

"I want to attend the event Bright", Win said in small voice. He knew nobody in the class was going to take part which meant no drama fest in the annual function. At least somebody had to start. He wanted to and he will as he had already decided. However, before that, he wanted to know how far Bright could go to get something he wanted.

"Not again Win", Bright said.

"Why not?"

"Because we two alone cannot pull the whole performance. We need minimum ten students."

"We could persuade others", Win said.

Bright was quiet. He couldn't understand why was Win pushing this.

"Win listen, I don't know why this is important to you but you need to stop."

"It's important to you idiot!"

"Yeah so let me decide if I want it or not." Bright interrupted.

Win pressed his lips. He was hurt. How could Bright say that. It was like his words that he threw on Bright in initial days of school were coming back to him. Bright sensed the feeling.

He took Win's hands in his, "You know me Win. I'm so not someone who could abide by rules and instructions and discipline and that's all they are gonna do in practice session. If there is going to be an act, that is."

"But wouldn't you feel happy when you'll be able to see the sky lanterns that night? To feel that your efforts didn't go in vain."

Bright could see how desperate Win was for the event but what he couldn't understand was why.