speak or to die?

Happy reading!!

"Bright I actually have a date tonight." Pam said. This man was getting crazier everyday.

"Besides, Win knows you're lying. What's the point?"

"I want him to be jealous."

"And seeing you with me who's by the way your very much platonic buddy will do it?"

"I can't ask nobody else."

"You can ask Win. Go ask him out."

"....."

"Hello?"

"He should ask me out."

"Fine you guys play this you or me game. I have a date. I'm going. Bye." Saying that Pam cut the call.

Bright swirled his phone for a minute, deep in his thoughts when his mother called for dinner. He got up and when he came back, he had a text from Win.

From Win:
That date thing, it was a joke. Right?

Bright smirked. May be Win was not as badass as he feigned to be.

"Do you want it to be a joke?" Bright texted.

From Win:
Forget I asked.

Win threw his phone aside. What had gotten into him? He shouldn't have talked to Fong about this. Now he was filled with fears Fong had very skillfully injected in his mind. Although he was right. He shouldn't take him for granted. Bright was still the guy girls would fight over. What if he was actually going on a date? Win couldn't risk it. Why was this so frustrating. All he needed to do was push Bright on his bed and say that he is crazy about him. No that sounded creepy. Well, he could just write him a note with a line or two of his favourite romantic song. But Bright was dense. May be he could just shut up and kiss him till he dropped. But he needed assurance. No, he needed Bright to kiss him till he dropped.

In any case, they knew one thing for sure. They were stupid and desperate, with no disposition to give in before the other.

.....

"And then he asked, is it better to speak or to die?" Bright said.

"What did she say?" Win asked.

They were sitting in the canteen as Bright had threatened Win to have lunch with him. He was absorbed with all the practices going on and Bright kinda missed eating with him. Of course he didn't say so. Their friends had gone (chased away by Bright) to the field. Win's eyes were fixed on his platter as Bright recited the tale of the knight who fell in love with the princess but was afraid of such admission to her.

"She said to speak." Bright said, looking intently at Win, hoping for him to catch some hint.

"So will he confess?" Win asked, still engrossed in his buisness.

"You tell me", Bright whispered.
Win stopped his hand midway while transcending his eyes back to Bright, "that was smart Chivaaree", he said sarcastically.

"Did I ever tell you, you look more tempting than the steamy white sauce pasta that you like?"

Win nearly choked on water. Bright's art of  eloquence was accelerating too fast for Win to catch up.

"You're cheesier than what I'm eating..and no, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS REMARK."

Bright giggled.