i like you

Happy reading!!

Wildflowers performed fine. They weren't extraordinarily amazing but they did fine. Probably better than most of them expected. The point was that they were proud of themselves. And they deserved the appreciation they earned even when there were funny flaws in their act. Who is perfect, anyway? Win had changed and was looking for Bright. The school was big. The field was bigger. And it was a night full of people buzzing like bees all around the premises. He kept running, trying to find him when it occured to him that sky lantern programme was going to start. He ran towards the rooftop of his building, believing his instincts that told him Bright was waiting for him there.

There were a lot of people on the terrace making it hard for him to find his lost baby. He thought of his classroom. Yes, Bright must be there. He ran again.

"What.." Win was panting heavily, "are...you...doing here?"

Bright raised his head from the desk and looked at Win. He looked like he had been crying. His eyes were watery and lips were in a pout. His cheeks looked damp.

"Win..." He said in a breaking voice.

"Bright. Why are you crying?" Win asked worriedly.

"Win...." He said again, sniffling.

Win sat next to Bright and put the other person's head on his shoulder, "Please don't cry."

Seeing Bright like this made Win miserable.

"Then please don't hate me." Bright said nearly crying,"I tried Win. I had memorised all the dialogues. But I failed. And I am sorry too for being so stupid."

"Sshh.." Win said, trying to calm him down.

Bright returned to his previous position and looked at Win.

He said, "I wanted to give you a surprise but I ruined it. And there's nothing between me and Mercy. And I'm sorry I shouted at you."

"Come here" Win said, taking Bright in his embrace, gently caressing his back. Bright cried which ultimately stimulated Win's tear glands too. They stayed like that for a minute, not willing to let each other go. It was comfortable. It was warm. There were no lights on in the room and the little light that filled the room faintly was from outside.

"I'm sorry too Bright." Win said against Bright's neck, "I'm so sorry I said those things. God knows I would do anything to take those words back. I was hurt. And angrily, I ended up hurting you. Please forgive me."

They broke the embrace. Win wiped Bright's tears and then his own.

"I can never hate you Bright. Even if I tried, I couldn't."

"Still you kissed her," Bright mumbled,  "didn't you?"

Win chuckled, "is it really that important to you?"

Bright nodded hysterically.

Win was happy. May be this time, they'll say it.

"Why Bright?" Win asked in a serious but soft tone, "why does it bother you so much?"

"Because I like you Win", Bright said in a heartbeat, "you heard me? I like you. I've liked you since the moment you looked at me. And so..so only I should be allowed to kiss you. Or hold you. Or scold you. Or flirt with you. You can only do all this with me. So you kiss only me or you don't get to kiss at all."

Win giggled. His heart was soaring high in sky. He was crying because it was the happiest moment of his life.

"There", Bright said, "that's my one step closer to you. Now you say it."

Win looked at Bright so lovingly. Bright was beautiful. He leaned in and   pressed his lips against one of Bright's fluttering and damp eyes.

"I like you too Bright." He placed both his hands softly on his cheeks and kissed the other eye, "I like you so much."

He kissed his nose, "I am crazy about you."

Bright's heart was thumping loudly. He felt he was drunk. Too happy to say anything.

Win kissed Bright's right temple and then middle of his  forehead, "I'm so fucking crazy about you Bright."

He kissed his other cheek before he whispered in his ear, "I love when you flirt with me", he kissed his earlobe, "I love when you look at me."

Bright had long lost grip on all threads of sanity that were keeping him in place. He only hummed in response. Win's voice was beautiful and his touch, magical.

"Win...."

"And there's one thing.." he interrupted as he kissed his neck. "One thing I wanted to tell you for so long."

Bright opened his eyes when Win stopped kissing his his neck. His eyes locked with Win's.

"There was never a kiss in the play to begin with."

Saying that, Win leaned in slowly and Bright closed his eyes as he felt Win's soft lips pressed against his.

Win's dream came true. Bright was his first best friend. His first love. His first kiss. And as Bright responded to the kiss, he hoped he'd be his first boyfriend too. What else could he ask for?

Bright gently nibbled his lower lip while snaking his hand around his small waist. Win wrapped his hands around Bright's neck and deepened the kiss. Bright knew he was Win's first so he took it slow. There were no tongues involved. They just kissed slowly but passionately, trying to savour the moment.

Win's lips were delicious, Bright thought. He had kissed before but oh what a feeling it was to kiss Win's plump lips that locked so perfectly with his own. They made soft muffle sounds as they kissed. Win tilted his head to come closer than they already were. They'd break the kiss for a second to catch breathe and then kiss again. They were too shy to open their eyes and speak in words. They let their actions express how much they were crazy about each other.

Bright didn't care if he was missing the sky lanterns. He didn't care if he let them go. For right now, Win was in his arms and he willed he'd never let him go.

Win broke the kiss and buried his face in Bright's neck. The brave boy from minutes ago who kissed Bright like he dreamed about it everyday was gone and was replaced by a diffident, shy boy for whom all of this was very new.

Their chests were heaving in sync and Bright forced Win to look at him.

"Are you shy?"

"Shut up." Win said.

Bright giggled.

"So..." Win asked.

"So?" Bright repeated. He seemed to be having fun.

"What do people say after this?" Win asked innocently.

Bright's lips crooked in a smile, "I don't know. Is there something you want to say?"

Win thought for a second and then asked nervously, "are we boyfriends now?"

Bright pecked his lips, "we always were. It's only now that we're realizing it."

💚🤍