THREE

THREE

"Apologies if that's a little warm," Oeznik says as he enters the plane's main carriage with a glass of wine for Zemo. On the way there, Bucky told Evelyn that this guy was crazy rich and had a butler and planes and everything, but she can't help but watch the exchange curiously. "The fridge is out. But I will see if there is some good food in the galley."

Zemo just smirks a little, replying in Sokovian. "If it doesn't pass the smell test... give it to them."

Oeznik can't help but chuckle softly. "It's good to have you back, sir."

The moment the butler leaves, Evelyn immediately reaches over from her seat in front of him, swiping the glass right out of Zemo's hand, saying in smooth Sokovian, "Give it to them... but don't try fooling me."

Downing the glass in one before he even has a chance to protest, Helmut Zemo just eyes her carefully, the smallest glint of amusement in his eyes. "You speak Sokovian?" he questions in English, the other two just staring at the exchange in confusion.

She just raises an eyebrow at him. "I speak a lot of things. What's it to you?"

For a moment he's quiet, then nods towards the glass, as if pointing out 'the finer things in life'. "You don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell." At the mention, Bucky tenses, Sam glancing away, and it's a flash in Evelyn's eyes before her grip on the glass tightens substantially. Zemo takes notice of all the reactions, smirking to himself. "Oh. That's right. You do."

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" Sam says, trying to change the subject, only for his eyes to rake over the book now in Zemo's hands.

"I'm... sorry," he replies flippantly. "I was just fascinated by this. I don't know what to call it, but this part seems to be important. Who is Nakajima?"

The reaction is immediate, Bucky jumping out of his seat, metal arm wrapped around Zemo's neck. Not tight enough to kill him, but tight enough to make him panic. That's when Evelyn catches sight of the smaller notebook hidden in the Baron's reading book, and she can't help but stare for a second before calling almost boredly, "Barnes."

He grits his teeth, clearly hearing her, but not ever tearing his eyes away from Zemo. "If you touch that again, I'll kill you."

Zemo just nods, but the metal fingers stay in place for a moment before the redheaded woman calls, "Barnes. You've had your fun, now let go."

"Don't patronise me," he growls, glaring eyes turning in her direction before he grabs the book and goes back to his seat. She casually throws her hands up in surrender before finally placing the empty glass down in a holder.

"I'm sorry," Zemo tells him in all solemnity. "I understand that list of names." At the lack of response, he adds, "People you've wronged as the Winter Soldier."