FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN

"You absolutely sure we're in the right place?" Evelyn mutters as the two Super Soldiers make their way through the hordes of people, seeming very out of place. "I thought you said that Sam's boat wasn't working out and no one was helping."

"Yeah, that's what he said..." Bucky murmurs back, just as confused as she is. Nevertheless, he shakes his head slightly. "But this is it. He's over there, talking to some people. We're just going to drop this off and go, yeah?"

"What, is the big bad Winter Soldier scared of some human interaction?" she can't help but tease lightly, and he just scoffs, rolling his eyes without having much of a retort. "Come on, macho. We got a delivery to give."

As they head closer, they can hear Sam talking to some others, laughing and chatting. "Word goes out the Wilson family needs help? Yeah, we still got a bit of usefulness in us."

That's when Sam gestures to the collection of parts in the truck, frowning slightly. "But how do we get it off the truck?"

Bucky puts the case in his hand down on the ground before heading over, easily picking up the tray with all the wood on top of it, dumping it on the ground before dusting his hands off. "You're welcome," he says, Evelyn rolling her eyes a little in amusement before putting the case on the back of the truck instead. "Just dropping this off," he tells Sam casually. "You can sign for it and we'll go."

Frowning, Wilson comes over, staring at the case before his fingers reach out to touch it. "He called in a favour from the Wakandans," Evelyn explains, shrugging. "Don't know how you Avengers have unlimited favours from people, but whatever. But yeah, that's yours now. Enjoy."

No sooner than the words escape her lips does a hissing start nearby. They glance to the side, only to see a pipe leaking out air. A woman jumps forward, calling Sam's name, and that's when Evelyn realises this must be his sister, Sarah.

Sam rushes over, grabbing a wrench and trying to shift it with all his strength, but from the looks of it it's not going very well. Bucky rushes over, shaking his head, taking the spanner instead. "Hold on, hold on, hold on. You gotta go up."

As he takes over, Sarah turns her attention to Evelyn leaning against the truck casually, watching the two at work with a light smile on her face. "Hi," she calls, the redhead stiffening slightly before turning to her. "You're Evelyn Grace, right?"

"Is that a problem?" The retort comes immediately, followed by a flinch. "Sorry. Not so great with, uh... people. Yeah, I'm Evelyn. You're Sarah, right?"

The woman nods, just as the hissing stops, and they turn back to the guys as Sam questions, "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"

For a moment Bucky hesitates, glancing at his hand as if in confusion, suddenly remembering it exists. "Well... I don't always think of it immediately. I'm... right handed."