Chapter 11

Third person pov

"Are you insane?!" Danzo slammed his hands down onto the table in an immature fit of rage. Minato's expression didn't change, his gaze relatively indifferent. To be honest, his thoughts were actually elsewhere at the moment. 

He hoped Naruto was having a good day at school. He'd showered the boy in praises after his statement about how the Uchiha should certainly move back to the center of the village. Minato hadn't really doubted the plan before, of course, but now he was most definitely going to go full send with it. Because now it wasn't just his idea, it was Naruto's too. 

"Not last time I checked, Danzo-sama." Minato responded in a level-headed and respectful manner. Shikaku cleared his throat whilst Hiashi Hyuga covered his amused snort with a polite cough. If Tsume Inuzuka had been able to make it to this meeting, she probably would've been absolutely losing it right now. The comedic relief is much missed. "Personally, I quite like the idea."

"I second that." Fugaku added in immediately, face schooled into the facade of calm. He'd been sweating from the moment he walked through the doors. If they didn't receive the support of the other clan heads and at least one of the elders then this plan of Minato's would go straight down the drain. 

The blonde was acting like it wasn't a big deal, nonchalant in the way he presented it, as though he were just talking about the weather. Fugaku could see past that-- see the steely walls had put up to fight against the torrent he was receiving. He could only hope they'd hold.

"Well of course you do." Danzo spat. "Several ninja and civilians saw the Kyuubi's Sharingan eyes that night! We are right to be on edge. Moving them was what was best for the healing of the village. We do not want to undo that and cause unease!" 

Minato took mental note of the disrespect. If he kept at it then Minato could definitely get him booted. He'd gotten cocky since the blonde's death. Hiruzen really was too soft for his own good. 

What class would Naruto be in right now? Or was it lunch? He'd drawn him a picture the other evening. A picture of just him and Minato, with a guest appearance of Pakkun, because he's Naruto's 'best friend in the whole wide world'. It was hanging on the fridge until Minato got a frame for it. 

Maybe a black wood grain? Or would a natural brown be better? Maybe getting one a little bigger would be good too. They could add an orange border. Naruto would like that, wouldn't he? Of course he would. He loved orange.

"Yeah," Minato hummed absentmindedly, squinting as he internally debated the pros and cons of a bigger frame. "It had Sharingan eyes. I don't know if you remember, but I was kind of there." 

The ensuing silence was so still you could hear a pin drop. Minato looked up and out of his train of thought, arching a brow at the stunned faces looking back at him. Fugaku looked like he'd just had his death warrant signed, his face deathly pale. Minato flashed a smile that oozed reassurance, straightening a bit in his seat. 

...Oak frame with an orange border around the photo. That was definitely his final choice. It would certainly look amazing, especially if he could get Naruto to decorate it... maybe a white one would be better then? So he could paint it easier? Kakashi did say his son was very artistic when it came to paint, didn't he?

The air in the room was stifling. Minato waited patiently for them to all process the words, eyeing the reactions to see where he'd need to do extra damage control. Barring Danzo, of course. He'd really need to launch a full investigation into this guy. 

The further he researched the records from the years he missed, the shadier the man got. He'd never been a fan of Danzo, and he was even less so one now. He was definitely plotting behind the scenes. What exactly said plots entailed, Minato was not looking forward to finding out.