Chapter 15

Third person pov

Okay. This is just getting gross and redundant at this point.

"Man. This is so gross." Naruto stared down distastefully at the orange creeping towards him, backing through the dirty water to put some space between him and it. Red eyes watched him irritably from behind thick metal bars. Naruto was pretty sure he was being judged which was like, so turned around. It's not like he was the one spontaneously pissing himself. "I don't think pee is supposed to be that color."

"You're here again." The giant dog grumbled. He seemed less like he was going to insult Naruto today which was kind of nice. Naruto still wasn't going anywhere near that cage. The pee was probably more concentrated over there, and the dog kept trying to hit him when he got close. It was already bad enough that he had to stand in the water at all. "Why are you here again?"

"Why would I know the answer to that question? I'm six." Naruto raised an eyebrow. The dog looked like he was going to argue for a moment before he just sighed, sending a blast of hot breath strong enough to nearly knock Naruto backwards. The water rippled, the pee getting closer as a result. Naruto backpedaled immediately and tried not to scrunch his nose up too much. This guy needed to brush his teeth too. "Seriously man, I don't think that's healthy. Why do you pee that much? What are you even drinking in here? Wait, don't answer that." 

"It's not pee. I told you that already, you little rat." Oh, so there were going to be insults. That was rude. Also, he'd never specifically said it wasn't pee that Naruto could remember. He's not going to tell the dog that though. He has a sneaking suspicion it would just make him ten times angrier. "Get out of here. I'll kill you."

Naruto wanted to point out that he'd probably sooner die from the many health code violations in this place but decided it wasn't a great idea. He looked around, taking in the vast blackness that seemed to go on forever and ever. The water looked dirty for as far as the eye could see, implying this dog had been stuck here for a long time. Context clues, people, context clues. Was it because he was a douchebag? Mean people went to jail. Naruto just wasn't sure why said jail was in his dream, that's all. 

The dog observed him in a manner that somehow managed to convey exactly how annoyed he was. It actually had slits for pupils which Naruto doesn't remember dogs having, but its ears are too long for it to be a cat. Maybe when it got big its pupils stretched out? That makes sense. Like how babies start out pudgy but their limbs get skinnier as they get longer, and the same with their faces. Naruto knows his face is round now, but when he grows up like his dad it'll get more square.

That means this guy is like, old-old. There's no way he'd be this stretched out otherwise. Does the cage grow with him? Or was it always that big and he just grew into it? He's really, really massive. Naruto really wants to go touch his nose, but he'd probably get eaten if he tried.  

"...So uh, what now?" Naruto asked. The dog scoffed at him. "Hey! Don't be mean. Today's been a wild day, you know. Someone attacked the Uchiha's old compound-- can you believe it? They like, blew houses up and everything! Now my dad's upset and the police force can't move back into the center of the village. We're going to go look at it tomorrow when the sun is up and the ANBU are all done searching the place."

The dog scoffed again, louder this time. Not helpful in any way, shape, or form. Naruto sighed, wishing he could sit down. If only he knew that cool ninja power that let you stand on water. He'd seen Kashi use it before to step on the bathtub water. It was a cool trick, and Naruto had applauded him greatly for it. Positive affirmation to remind him that he's cool and doing a great job, obviously. Naruto wishes to follow in his footsteps.