If Only

*Song does not belong to me, but to Dove Cameron*

(Singing is in bold and italics)

Another week passed by in a blink, the group of seven could be seen in a standoff of tension as they are gathered in a conference room waiting for their manager to come and discuss what ever this meeting was for. Everyone was staring down at the table or at the walls, no one said a word as the silence began to weigh heavier on their shoulders as dark bags were seen under screaming eyes. Each begging for something yet too stubborn to speak out, to give up on this cold war that has formed between them.

The opening of the door followed by the shuffle of people entering the room caused the young men to raise their heads and look towards the group of new people. With a scoff, their manager begins to shake his head at them before frowning deeply and dropping the folders onto the tabletop with more force than he initially intended to. 

Clearing his throat, Sejin begins the meeting about the comeback date as well as their tour dates and schedule for interviews and meetings. Finally after an hour of suffocating in their awkwardness, Sejin finally snaps under the pressure.

With a loud voice that causes them to jerk in surprise Sejin begins to berate the seven young men he has grown to think of as his own sons. Telling them to get their heads back in the program, that they are not to leave this room until they have figured out whatever their issue is and resolve it because they have worked too hard for some petty argument to get in the way of their dream. 

The words he bitterly left them with echoes in their ears long after he storms out of the meeting with the slamming of the door.

"Guess we are all just a joke to you, a toy to be tossed aside at the drop of an argument, nothing more than discarded trash with half written lyrics and dreams to be thrown away. Whatever."

Again and again that sentence circles and tears through their minds before a bitter laugh escapes Yoongi as he grabs at his hair while tugging harshly. Still feeling bitter for the harsh words Yoongi had spit out at him in anger yesterday, Jimin turns his nose up at him before he feels himself tugged into Taehyung's lap for the first hug in almost two weeks. Feeling those arms wrap around him, tears begin to coat his shining chocolate eyes before he clings tightly to him while tucking him head into Tae's neck to hide his tears. Joon stands up to rest a hand on Yoongi and Jin's shoulders, giving both a gentle squeeze while he coughs to clear his throat while he watches as Hobi and Kookie lean against each other in silent comfort.

"Why don't we go home together? Put on Kiki's Delivery Service and just relax together tonight?"

A drawn out silence follows Joonie's suggestion before Jimin hesitantly nods his head against Tae's neck causing the man to let loose a deep giggle before small smiles begin to grow upon everyone's faces. Quietly packing up the files and objects of the room, they begin to slowly exit the building after pulling up their masks. Deciding to walk home, they leisurely stroll down the sidewalks of Seoul as the last rays of light descend and the city lights up in neon shades of life. The chatter of voices, cars and radios blur into the background as these seven men walk together. 

Stopping beside the night market, Jin asks if anyone wants to help him grab supplies for dinner while the rest go home and start setting up the living room for the movie. Hobi and Joon offer to stay with him while the other four continue home. 

After finding everything, they suddenly stop, hearing the sound of a guitar, before a beautiful voice begins to fill the air, dancing over the other sounds and filling the area with a sense of comfort.

A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listening

'Cause up 'til now I've walked the line