Haunting Lullaby

*Sounds are in bold*

*Thoughts are in italics*

Yoongi POV

Lately, I've been hearing snippets of a tune, little teases of a breathless giggle whispering in my ear softly picking at my subconscious. Ever since I met the guys, I've had almost perfect control on my hearing. No longer am I being slammed from all sides. No longer is it like a million people, animals, or objects all screaming at full blast at every second of everyday. Now I can pinpoint what each sound or conversation is, can filter through the layers to pinpoint an exact frequency I am trying to find.

So why is this tune, this giggle so different?

Lately, the guys and I have been restless, a need to fill the void that's been slowly extending its reach until we could no longer just ignore its existence.

But I don't want to acknowledge it. I want to keep our bond the same. We've been seven for so long, we've gone through so much together. Why do we need an eighth to feel complete when I am content with the six I already have? Haven't I already been blessed with more than I deserve? I have always been greedy, wanting and desiring what others had or could do, but I now have everything I could want or need when I found these men I call mine, yet I feel the yearning for more and it disgusts me.

Suddenly I am waking up from a restless sleep, something was wrong, something is missing. Tuning in to my mates, I can hear each of them sleeping either around me or in the rooms on either side of me. But something is wrong, what is it? With a jolt I realize a frequency is different, my youngest mate sounds further away, his breathing not coming from the Inn we are located in. Turning to Jimin beside me, I realize he is looking up at me with sleep heavy eyes as he tries to figure out why I am panicking. Swiftly placing a kiss on his forehead, I say our youngest's name before getting up and pounding on the others doors. It feels like it takes forever for them to rouse from the grips of slumber and come to their doors. By this time I can hear the raging storm happening outside now that I've stretch my hearing to try to scan where he is.

Soft footsteps, brushing of fabric, sharp inhale of breath, racing heart, shuffling of feet, sound of an umbrella opening, more footsteps, one soft one heavier headed this way.

I didn't realize I zoned out trying to pin point the sounds near my missing mate until Jin placed his hand on my shoulder. Snapping my eyes up to his, I exhale the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Kookie's not in the Inn, he must have left at some point. I didn't realize. I'm sorry. But there's a huge storm and he out in it, we have to find him. There's someone else out there too. We need to find him." I stared into his eyes, emotions flickering through our connection before he frowns with a solid nod before looking over my shoulder at Joonie.

Already I can see Joon disappear into his mind and run all the possibilities. See as he tenses and releases his jaw, that some possibilities are not good ones, can hear as his heart rate spikes with adrenaline for our youngest mate being in possible danger. Finally he straightens up before looking at us all.

"We need to find him, let's head to the lobby."

Footsteps stopping, fabric brushing against skin, sharp inhale followed by a deep sigh, squeak of a boot heel twisting.

My younger mates are running back and forth trying to get a better glimpse outside, before a flash of red catches my eye. Down the street I can just barely make out the silhouette of two bodies. A flash of lightning showing that one is the missing mate we're searching for while the other was small, smaller than Jimin and I, and wearing red boots to be exact.

Breathless giggling over soft footsteps.

No! Wait, who are you? I've heard that giggle before. Where is it? Are you the reason I can't focus?

Rushing out the door, the others calling out to me before they catch sight of our mate. Yells of his name mix with the rest of storm as we all speed towards him.

A light, slow tune. Hauntingly familiar.

I feel myself freeze as I try to pinpoint where that sound is coming from.

Where is it coming from? Why does it effect me so much? I've heard this before, but why can't I find it? Who is i-

Suddenly I feel an impact followed by a pull of arms before I'm on the ground in a tangle of limbs with two of my mates.

After finally untangling myself, I begin to question Kookie who is wrapped up in Tae's arms. Before I can get any answers, Jin is saying we should go inside. With a deep exhale, I follow behind him and Hobi with the rest.

After changing, we all meet back up in Jin and Hobi's room where seven cups of hot chocolate are waiting on the end table. Each of us carrying a blanket with us.

Why is that song playing on repeat in my head?

I can't understand why this sound keeps echoing in my head. Its been happening more and more, like a siren call. Suddenly standing up, my face pales further before I turn to face Kookie. With a racing heart and shallow breaths I begin to ask him new questions.

"Who was that? What happened? Are you okay? Did you feel anything from them?"

Instantly all of them stare at me as they hear my last question, various expressions on their faces before they snap their eyes to our youngest.

"I-I don't know who she was. We never spoke, she just smiled and helped me back here. She didn't question why I was wearing a mask, didn't question why I was soaking wet, didn't question why I was out this early. She just placed her sweater on me, handed me an umbrella before leading me back with her hand on my wrist. I am fine, she didn't hurt me. I couldn't sleep, so went to take some photographs but the storm hit and I didn't have any bars to get a hold of anyone or to find my way. I'd probably still be under that awning if she hadn't showed up, still freezing from the cold."

There was a tone of awe in Kookie's voice as he spoke about her. But he didn't answer my last question.

"Bun, did you feel anything when you were with her?" Hobi spoke up for the first time, his eyes swimming around our youngest's frame observing his aura probably.

"Warm, protected, like she would help me. When she held my hand or had my wrist, it was like being surrounded in a warm hug, I didn't feel the cold, I couldn't hear the storm either. I was focused on her. Then when she let go, it was weird. As if I was coming up for a breath of air after being under water, everything was so loud and so cold. I don't understand."

Kookie looked so small curled up against Joon and Tae under his blanket. Almost like he was expecting to be scolded.

We all shared looks above his head, some ranging from excitement to disbelief. I'm not sure what my face showed because concern quickly took over Jimin's beautiful face before he was wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's her." Cause Joon was rarely ever wrong, we just nodded in acknowledgment. But we had to be sure, and even if she wasn't, we had to thank her for helping Kookie.

But who is she? Where is she? Do I even want to know?