Missing Bond

For as long as we could remember,  abilities and bonds between humans were present. Gender or sexuality had no role when it came to these bonds, nor did the number of partners, though it was still uncommon for more than two or three people to share a soul bond. In this day and age, it was more uncommon to reject a bond than to see a group of men or women or a combination of both together happily engaging in acts of affection. No grouping of individuals shared the same bond as another. Only your destined would be able to feel, see or match the effects of the bond. Some are like a string being pulled tight then flicked, the vibrations felt from both ends, a clear sign of contact from the one you were meant to be with. Or like a natural mark that you all share that changes color or expands once you've met your missing part. While bonds were shared between partners, that did not mean abilities were. We are born with enhanced abilities unique to ourselves, a way to better protect those important to us. And while we do not share abilities, we can sometimes detect our better halves through the use of said abilities.

For a group of seven, their bond came in the form of a mark, though theirs never changed. They all just bore identical images on various locations of their body. Yet each one looked incomplete, unfinished, leaving the seven to believe they were also still incomplete.

 Yet each one looked incomplete, unfinished, leaving the seven to believe they were also still incomplete

As for their abilities, most possessed forms of detection. And with each addition to their group, a semblance of control, a peace of mind and a sense of coming home was established. A balance or stability most needed and yearned for when they were alone.

The eldest male, Kim Seokjin (Jin or Jinnie), was 25. He has an enhanced sense of taste and smell. Before he couldn't ever truly enjoy any foods because if it wasn't made to perfection all he would be able to taste or smell was the imperfections of the dish. For example, if there was way too much salt, all he would taste is salt. Or if too much of an herb was added, all he would be able to smell is that herb. He would get weird cravings for flavors he wasn't around and for a split second he would be able to enjoy the taste or scent before it would fade again. After meeting his soulmates, he was able to enjoy the simple pleasures of any dish he ordered, but he could also tell if it had been tampered with in anyway. His cravings would still happen, but now it came in the form of getting hints of what his mates were eating or objects his mates enjoyed the fragrances of, allowing him to silently monitor their food as well as their surroundings. His bond mark was located on his left inner bicep.

At 24, Min Yoongi (Suga), was the second oldest of the group. He had enhanced hearing, as a result he couldn't enjoy being around groups of people because it all blended together to create a grinding collision of static noise. When he found his soulmates, it was like the static was put on mute or he was underwater, and if he wanted to listen in all he had to do was turn a dial, like a radio, to pick up on the background noises. His soulmates voices became the balm that coated his wounded self esteem as well as the melody that stuck in his head, a frequency he can tune into to locate his mates no matter the distance. He was able to go out and enjoy the world that once made him feel crushed under the pressure in his head. His mark was located on the back of his neck where his skull meets his spine.