Abyss

*Jimin's POV*

Last night I was in such a rush to make it home in time; to avoid another lecture on time management from Joonie or the concerned looks from Hobi; I forgot about the files I sent myself until Kookie asked if he could listen to it.

Looking into those big brown eyes as he pouts and clings to my arm makes me want to give in far quicker than I'd ever admit to out loud.

Don't need to give him Another way to win in our arguments/debates/banter or whatever he wants to call it at the time. Oh god...NOOOO...damnit...he pulled out the puppy dog eyes and dragged Hobi into it....now I really have to let them see it...it's not right yet, something isn't right, like it's missing something important...it has to be perfect *sigh*...

Finally I get up feigning reluctance as Kook begins to whine about his Hyungs being too slow. With a quick twist, I pin him back down to his seat with a hand firmly but gently grasping his chin as I claim his lips for a deep, Slow, kiss that leaves us both gasping for air when I stand back up. He sits there in a daze as Hobi giggles while wrapping his strong arms around me and placing his chin on my shoulder to gaze at our stunned mate. Smiling widely, I swiftly kiss his cheek before slipping from his embrace while leaving them both staring after me before I turn my head and call back to them.

"Didn't you want to hear the recordings? Come on slow pokes!"

I almost make it up to the shared studio room when I finally hear them begin to chase after me, causing a giggle to rip from my throat as love, surprise, lust, and happiness slam into me from behind.

Oh If only they knew how badly I really didn't  want them to hear it yet. I don't know why, but ever since last night I've had this hollowness that has settled into my chest. An ache that has buried itself into my bones and the desperate urge to cry, scream and shatter everything around me, myself included. To plummet off the edge and free fall til I no longer can. To tear the hair from my head as I curl into a tight ball, rocking back and forth seeking comfort from something. Anything... but I don't know why, everyone seems to be fine, I haven't felt any new negativity from any of them, yes stress has been piling up as well as exhaustion but nothing to cause this deep festering abyss to open up and desperately try to drag me under. I need to check on Yoongi later just to double check on him but again this feel so different, wrong...

Hobi quickly opens up the software to play the files while looking at the different takes, as I am still lost in my thoughts and the emotions trying to suffocate me. Kookie makes a sound before pointing at the last recording asking if I did another take before coming home last night. Confused I walk behind the chair to see an hour gap in the recordings before sound waves are shown on the screen again. Without playing the recording we don't know what the recording actually entails, but it shows that someone else was in that room at some point. Curiosity causes Hobi to play the recording.

At first, all we can hear is the door opening, soft footsteps before the shuffling of papers fall to a brief pause. Suddenly humming spills forth as whoever it is reads through the papers.

That's my song...

They both glance at me before suddenly a voice begins to give my song life. It's slower than what I originally was trying to do, but it was haunting, powerful, captivating in the way the person sang it. Suddenly the urge to cry slams into me again, this time with no way to avoid it as the voice climbs, echoing inside the studio as the singer tears themselves open and bleeds emotion into my song in a way I haven't tried.

But it's perfect, whoever this is, they figured out what was missing and showed me how to make it right. I wasn't using the right emotion, the right tone...

Before the final bridge can turn into the final chorus, the studio door rips open behind us startling us as Hobi quickly pauses the recording. Behind us stands a gasping Yoongi with a concerned Joonie holding his shoulder. With frantic eyes, Yoongi begins to search the room for something before focusing on us.

"Where is she?"

Confusion rockets through us all as he repeats himself again only more desperately.

"Where is she?!"

Kookie shyly asks who before Yoongi explodes.

"HER! The one constantly singing and humming in my head! WHERE IS SHE? She was just here! Just singing..." his voice fades as he sweeps the room with his eyes once more before slumping back against Joonie's larger frame.

"The only one singing was a recording of someone who found Jimin's song....wait that voice is the same as the one you've been hearing???? Our other soulmate!! Tae! Jin! Quickly come up here!"

A crash is heard downstairs before two thundering sets of feet come stumbling into the studio pushing everyone inside. Joonie quickly explains what's happening before a large gummy smile splits Tae's face as he bounces to Hobi by the monitor. With a quick twist of his wrist, he manages to pull the chair back and perch on top of his lap before commendering the mouse to restart the recording.

Instantly the room is filled with nothing but Her. Everyone becomes frozen, holding their breath as they get pulled into the play her voice writes. Like a rollercoaster of emotions, we are forced to tag along, to bare witness to her darkest secrets. The anguish in that first change of scales, the way her voice chokes up under a tidal wave of helplessness, a cry for help left unanswered as it climbs to the peak before plummeting. How even though she is tearing herself open she doesn't break or stop til she reaches the end, that she piles it all up before letting it all crash down in a powerful display of vulnerability. When the last note dies, the room is left is a suspended state as we all just stare at the screen. With a quick glance I can see tears running down everyone's faces. 

Quickly clearing my throat, I try to lighten the mood. "Anyone else need a tissue or are we just bathing in salt water tonight?"

Scoffs and eye rolling greet my question before I'm being pulled into a tight hug by Tae as he buries his head into my neck while mumbling. Rubbing his back I ask him to repeat himself.

"She's in so much pain...why can't we be there to help her...she's begging to be saved but we can't reach her. Jiminie, I can't reach her."

"Jimin...how are you? Obviously we know now she isn't doing well, but how are You? "

Joonie's question takes me back a second causing my arms to tighten around my clinging mate. With a deep sigh and even deeper eyes I stare at him before saying.

"I don't know."

Honestly I don't know, what I do know now is that what I've been feeling since last night has been her...and that makes me not okay, because like Tae said, she is hurting and there is nothing any of us can do about it...