INTRODUCTION

WARNING

this book contains strong language, mature content and sensitive topics; including mentions of death, hospitals and drug use. if any of these trigger you, I advise you to continue with caution or not to continue at all.

* * *

[SET DURING SEASON FIVE]

* * *

• INTRODUCTION •

Wake up; eat, medication, suffer, sleep.
It is in that exact order that Louise Robyn Ashfield lives her life - in hospital dealing with the deadly disease Cystic Fibrosis. The disease affects her digestive system; leaving Louise to deal with thick and sticky mucus that clogs her lungs and airway daily. Everyday is a battle for her, yet, Louise makes the most out of everything; and she has made some great friends along her way in life.

Louise works in a small coffee shop; one that gets regular visits and tends to be cramped way too often. Originally she had always wanted to work somewhere in the FBI, but after realising that Cystic Fibrosis takes up way too much of her time, Louise stuck to working in smaller places; one time a bookshop, and now in a coffee shop just along the street from the hospital she visits frequently.

Her love for books is unconditional; from piles and piles of books stacked up around her small apartment, to many of them scattered around her hospital bed - comforting her when she's at her lowest moments of life. Yet, wherever Louise is, there's always a book stored somewhere in her bag. It was almost like out of habit on the amounts of times she's taken books outside with her; seeming they're great for reading when waiting for buses, for queues or simply to read when stopping for lunch.

In her life, Louise never thought about relationships. She was way too focused on the disease she had, and the small family she belonged too; a caring father and a wholesome younger brother. Louise never understood why on Earth anyone would want to date her, knowing of the disease that she had, and knowing of the scars that traced along her stomach.

But it's when Louise Robyn Ashfield unexpectedly collides with somebody she never thought she'd love as much as she did. To which he's a book-loving genius, who doesn't care for technology and loves personalities better than one's physical looks.
The man of whom Louise meets is known by Dr. Spencer Reid, an FBI profiler in the Behavioural Analyst Unit who had spent most of his time in and out of hospital for an injured knee - and after countless months of x-rays, he's only just been given the 'all clear' from the hospital.

To which, Dr. Spencer Reid never knew he'd care for someone as much as he did for Louise. All the imperfections of Louise became his perfections; and he spent everyday with her as if it were her last.

They both never understood the importance of love, and especially touch; but that was until they couldn't have it again.

* * *

too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.