EIGHT

"It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being." - John Joseph Powell.

* * *

The week went as quickly as the clicking of fingers. With daily texts and calls exchanged between Louise Robyn Ashfield and Dr. Spencer Reid, their dinner out rounded the corner swiftly. They had not been able to meet up for coffee for most of the week, since Spencer's work needed him on cases; and most cases were in different states.

Louise did not mind not seeing him properly for the week, for she understood the importance of his job. So, she mainly nestled down on working hard and meeting with friends or family; family being her father and younger brother.

Now, as the week came to an end, Louise stood nervously outside of the local Chinese restaurant - realising that the man who she so desperately wanted to see throughout the whole week was in there, waiting for her.
Louise looked down at her outfit out, seeing as the white floral dress she wore hung loosely under her knees, paired together with a pair of sneakers on her feet. She wore a cropped, brown blazer jacket over the top of her summer dress, for she realised the weather were not the greatest for wearing any type of dress.

With a hand reaching out to open the restaurants door, Louise heaved or open and were greeted with the smell of food. Her stomach immediately growled, making her realise how hungry she were.

Louise walked around, hands gripping at her leather satchels strap that rested on her shoulder. Her eyes darted from left to right, seeing as families laughed as the ate, and sees as couples kisses while drinking wine.
The place was fairly large, for the walls were a dark shade, but seemed to light up the room with a lick of gold around the trims; warm lights lit up the dim place, creating a comforting aura - and tables were scattered around spaciously.

It was when a pair of chocolate brown eyes locked onto her ones, instantly making her stomach flutter with butterflies. Louise saw as Spencer sat at a table for two, holding a menu in his hands effortlessly.
She gravitated towards him, legs buckling as she grew closer and closer - a smile present on her red lips.

The man looked up to her as she came over, an obvious grin plastered on his lips.
Louise sat opposite him, removing her blazer jacket and hanging it on the back of her chair - and she dropped her bag to her feet.

"Hey," Louise breathed out, scooting her chair closer to the table. Spencer could of sworn he felt his heart jolt, especially in sight of the woman in front of him. Her hair were curled softly, resting in elegant heaps in the middle of her back - the makeup she wore were minimal yet perfect - with only red lipstick that made her lips even more plump and kissable.
Louise could say the same about Spencer; for his shoulder length hair were neatly tucked behind both his ears, and his skin seemed to glow under the lighting - making his eyes twinkle hopelessly.

He wore a simple suit, with a waistcoat tugging around his slim figure underneath his jacket - the tie he sported was off to the side slightly - but Louise found that heartwarming.

"How was work?" Louise asked, reaching for a menu that sat on the table in front of her. Spencer tugged a smile, reaching for the bottle of wine that sat in an iced bucket between them, "difficult, but nonetheless normal." Louise chewed the inside of her top lip, eyes scanning at the menu as he spoke, "that's good then."
Spencer poured Louise a glass of red wine, and then himself one, eyes darting from the bottle and glass in hope he didn't spill any.