TEN

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become." - Steve Jobs.

* * *

Louise sat on the couch in her childhood home, a knee propped up - chin resting on it as she stared deeply into the carpeted floor. She hugged her knee, a lonesome feeling building in her chest.

"Louise!" Christopher Ashfield, her younger brother, gasped with a wide smile, stood at the doorway of his home with his bag attached to his back, "you're here!"
Earlier that afternoon, Louise had opted on visiting her father, Jim, while her brother were at school - but wanted to stay when she realised school times were almost over.

She stayed at her childhood home as Jim went to pick up her brother, remaining on the couch with an empty chest, feeling sad for whatever reason she did not know.
The TV played softly in the background, sounding muffled as Louise payed no attention.

But, after hearing the front door open, she almost immediately jumped out of her deep thoughts.

"Hey," Louise stood up, adjusting her comfy sweatpants - for they began to ride up. She clutched a bag of candy in her hands, wanting to give her brother something that he'd enjoy, especially when his day at school included getting bullied.

Christopher almost jumped on Louise, wrapping his legs around her waist as his arms clung around her neck. She rested her chin into the crook of his neck, holding him by the torso tightly, "you okay?"
He pulled back from the hug, a frown engulfing his face immediately.

Louise placed Christopher back on his two feet, bending down to eye lever with him; seeing as a fresh purple bruise coloured his temple, tracing down to his cheek. She cupped his face in her hands, "I love you," her voice was soft.
Christopher nodded, not knowing what to say, a blush rising at the tip of his nose.

Letting go from his face, Louise handed him the packet of candy, seeing as a small grin played at his lips, "I got these for you," she stood up straight, feeling as his arms snaked around her waist firmly.
It was safe to say Christopher only really tended to show emotions around his sister; for they adapted a strong and close relationship ever since they were little. Or maybe it were his autism.

But, Louise always felt privileged by this; wanting to make her younger know that she'd be there for him no matter what. Even when she's gone. Gone.

"Now go," Louise chuckled, feeling Christopher's arms release from her waist, "I'll run you a bath, okay?" he nodded with a wide smile, the blonde locks of his curling in his bruised face, soon to scuttle towards the staircase, the packet sweets rustling in the air.

Louise chuckled, feeling a presence beside her. She looked to see Jim, his arms folded and a soft smile on his wrinkled face. Her head rested against his shoulder, "hi dad."
"He really misses you, you know," Jim wrapped his arm around his daughter, "ever since you moved out, I mean."

"Yeah," Louise bit her lip, "I miss him too," she managed in a soft sign, "and I feel like I should be there for him... especially since his bullies have came back."
"Honey, you are there for him," Jim planted a kiss onto the side of her head, "even he knows that." Louise sniffled, "is he coping well with the bullies?"