Part 2

"Come on, Zoe!" You yell into the girl's changing room. No one else is there, having been late to get changed after school, seeing as Zoe had decided to practice some penalties in the playground, claiming that 'you had enough time to do both.'

"I'm coming!" Zoe replies and walks out in her PE kit.

"Finally!" You say. "We're going to be late! That's a great first impression to make if you're trying to make a football team." You say sarcastically.

"Chill y/n." She replies. "Once the coach sees us play, he'll have no choice but to let us walk straight onto the team."

"Not. If. We're. Late." You reply, emphasizing each word before dragging her out of the changing room.

When you finally emerge into the sports hall, you see the group of hopeful footballers turn their heads to face you both, the coach also looking unimpressed.

"Sorry we're late." You say. You glimpse at the group of students sat on the floor: one girl, the rest boys. A few boys you know from the Westfield team are there: Sam, Daniel and... Jethro. You try to catch his gaze, but he isn't looking at you.

"Well, glad you could make it." The coach says, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

You take a seat on the floor with the others, but Zoe stays standing. "You do allow girls on the team at Kingsmount, don't you?"

"We certainly do, young lady. Something that our captain would be happy to testify to." He looks at the only other girl in the room. She utters a quick 'yeah' before looking away a little embarrassed. He suddenly claps his hands loudly. "Now come on Kingsmount! Practice match!"

You help some of the others move benches to the side to clear space in the sports hall, before talking to Zoe. "Hansard obviously likes the captain, what chance do we have?"

"Relax y/n!" She exclaims. "We can do this."