Part 4

You wander up to Zoe and Indira on the field where the match is being played - it hasn't started yet, but the players are warming up in front of you.

"What about him? What's he like?" Zoe's asking Indira, pointing at one of the boys.

"Dillon?" Indira replied. "He's no angel himself, but he did nearly die last year. Found out he was Type 1 diabetic. Feel a bit sorry for him really."

"Why, you fancy him?" Zoe asks with a grin.

"No! What makes you say that!?" Indira replies, but you see her trying to hide a smile.

"So what about you? Do you fancy Jethro?" Indira asks, smirking.

Zoe shakes her head in reply. "As if."

"Come on, you were talking about him earlier." Indira says.

You had drowned out the conversation until now, and your head snaps up at the sound of his name; Zoe notices.

"Don't let Y/n hear you say that." she says with a smirk.

"Zoe!" you say, and you see Indira's face flood with understanding, but the whistle blows before she can say anything.

After the first five minutes, you nudge up to Zoe and whisper to her. "That boy Jamie's still not here."

She grins at you in response.

______________________________________

Jethro's POV

We gather round at half time to talk about tactics - we're down a player; Johnson still hadn't shown up. I bet Thornlake were glad about that - when I was there last term, they all hated him after he scored the winning penalty at the final against us. But now, we needed him on out team. I hated admitting it, but it was true.

"Where on earth is Johnson!" Hansard yells.

I look at Marshall; there's no way she doesn't know where he is, but her face is blank. Either she didn't know, or she didn't want to say.

"Well? Anybody?" Hansard asks, and when no one answers, he sighs. "No one's fast enough to mark Elijah Jones. He's our main threat - we're 2-0 down because of him!" 

"I know someone who could do it." I say without thinking.

"Who?" Hansard yells in reply.

"Well, I know two people actually: Y/n and Zoe. They played in the tryouts?"

"Yeah, I remember them. And they're here?" Hansard replies, thinking deeply.

"Yeah, they're over there." I say, pointing to the two girls on the sidelines, both deep in conversation, probably about the game. "So who should I ask?"

____________________________________

Y/N's POV

"What do you think Hansard's doing?" You ask Zoe, getting nervous now about not getting a chance to play today.

"Relax, Y/n. Look, loverboy's coming over now." she says with a smirk, and you roll your eyes at her visibly, but then you notice how Jethro really is running over to you.

"He actually is?!" you exclaim. 

"When would I ever lie to you, Y/n?!" Zoe replies, and you look at her in disbelief. 

"Zoe, you lie to me all the time! I should..." but you trail of when you realise Jethro is stood right in front of you and Zoe. "Hi." you say simply, switching personalities just like that.

"Hey Y/n." he says, but then turns his attention towards Zoe, who looks at him sceptically.

"Zoe. Hansard needs you to play."

"What?!" You say, unable to stop yourself.

"What?!" Zoe says straight after.

"What?" Jethro says, shrugging, and running back towards the team.

Zoe turns to you, looking regretful. "Y/n, i'm sorry."

"What for?! You played so much better in the trials. It's not a surprise that Jethro wants you and not me." you say, but saying the truth out loud hurts.

She gives you one last look to say sorry, before darting off to go into her new team.