Part 7

The day after, you and Zoe approach Jack before school.

"Hey! Jack!" Zoe yells.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, we just have a proposition for the team." You say with a side smile.

"Oh?"

"We know you're down on a goalie, so we want to put forward a candidate." Zoe continues.

"Who?"

"Wozza." You say quickly, guessing what her response would be.

She leans forward incredulously. "Wozza? Are you having a laugh?"

"No, when he played for Westfield he was good. I promise." You persuade.

"So why wasn't he on the Kingsmount team?" She questions.

"Because some good players didn't get picked." You mumble under your breath and Zoe stamps hard on your foot. "Ow!"

"Look, Jack. We're not saying he'll be the best goalie you've ever had, but his behavior was way better when he played for the school team." Zoe said, and Jack seems to consider this.

"I'll think about it." She says, then spots someone in the distance. "I'll see you later; I've got to go and see Jamie about organizing a friendly with Foxborough."

"Wait! Jack!" You say. "Are you sure having pupils from both schools in your team is gonna be a good idea though?"

"Well it'll be fine as long as Dillon and Jethro are ok. Apparently they're gonna have a fight. But if they get caught, they'll never be allowed to play."

"Just let Y/n have a word with Jethro." Zoe jokes, but Jack looks at you hopefully.

"Are you mates?" She asks.

"You could say that!" Zoe says again and you shove her in response, then clear your throat.

"I don't know what she's talking about. But I could probably convince them to not fight at school at least." You offer.

"That's great Y/n. Thanks."And she runs off, just as Dillon comes over to you and Zoe.

"Alright?" He asks.

"Don't let Jethro catch you talking to us Westfield lot." Zoe jokes. "If it were down to him he'd split the school in half."

"You think I care about the stuff Jethro says?" Dillon replies. "Are you mad?"

"Jack says you and Jethro are gonna have a fight at school. Is that true?" You ask, worried for Jethro, and Dillon, but mostly Jethro. "Cos if you are, you should find a better place; there are teachers everywhere, you'll never be able to do it."

He considers this. "Alright. But I want three good places to fight by lunch time."

"That's not exactly what..." you say, but trail off as Indira comes over.

"Hey Dillon."

"Alright?"

"I tried calling you last night, were you at the academy?" She says with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, yeah."

"See anyone famous?" You ask, intrigued.

"A few."

"Ok...?" Zoe says, just as confused as you at Dillon's short answers. At that moment the bell rang.