Part 5

As you walk up to the gate of school, you notice Dillon Simmonds and some others in front of you trying to get in, but are stopped by Jethro and his mates.

"This is the Westfield gate, you lot go round the back." Jethro says, and you flinch at his cold tone.

You glance at Zoe and she just shrugs.

But Dillon doesn't give in to Jethro; he pushes his way past and the two boys look serious as they exchange words.

You and Zoe quickly rush past, looking down.

"What was that about?" Zoe asks you, and you want to say you don't know, but in truth, you know exactly why.

"You know last night? When we lost?"

"Don't remind me." Zoe says, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, well apparently the kids from Westfield are blaming the ones who come from Kingsmount and vice versa."

"Well, I don't exactly blame them - I mean, did you want to leave Westfield?" Zoe asks.

"You know I didn't Zo, but do you really think the two schools fighting is going to change anything?"

At that moment, Jack Marshall runs up to you both, panting for breath.

"Jack? You alright?" Zoe asks.

"Guys, I'm starting a new team, and I need you to spread the word."

"Really?" You say, the surprise in your voice clear.

"Yeah, so tell as many people as possible, and I'm holding a meeting in the changing rooms at break." She says, before jogging off to tell more people.

_____________________________

In the changing rooms, the Westfield lot sits away from the Kingsmount students, a clear line between them.

"So these are some of the things we need." Jack says, pointing to a list on the wall.

"So basically just...everything." Jethro says, shaking his head.

"So, I was thinking about a name," Indira says, sitting up straight, getting ready to tell us her masterpiece. "If you join Westfield and Kingsmount together, you get Kingsfield!"

Some of the Kingsmount pupils nod, but you and the Westfield pupils murmur in disagreement.

"What do you mean? Westmount's way better." You find yourself muttering to no one in particular, but it's lost in the sea of murmurs.

"QUIET!" Jack yells. "I haven't got a name yet, but it won't be either of those names for sure." She holds up the Kingsmount football kit. "Miss Savage said we can use these."

"There's no way I'm playing in that again after last time." Jethro says, and you see Dillon roll his eyes. Something was going on between them, but you couldn't work it out.

____________________________

After the bell had gone, you walk outside to your next lesson, but stop as you hear voices round the corridor: Dillon and Jethro's.

"I want three good places to fight by tomorrow." You hear Jethro say.

"As if I'm gonna fight you, Jethro." Dillon says, and you hear his footsteps, as if he's trying to walk away, but they abruptly stop.

You try and strain your ears to listen, but their voices turn low and quiet.

"What are you up to!?" A voice whispers in your ear, making you jump and nearly shout.

"Zoe!" You whisper-shout.

"Y/n, you look so suspicious right now, I couldn't not say anything!"

"Ugh," You say, realizing how stupid you must look, hunched up with your ear grazing the wall. "Just shut up and listen." You tell Zoe, but when you both try and hear the conversation, they'd left.