Holding hands

Lin shut the apartment door behind her and strode into the kitchen for a glass of water. Kya rushed out of the bedroom wearing a deep blue evening gown and a sheer shawl draped artfully over her shoulders. Her throat and ears glittered with sterling silver and diamonds.

"Lin!" she said breathlessly, "You're home late. Quickly, go get dressed," she took the glass of water Lin was holding and set it on the counter and pushed her towards the bedroom. "I set your clothes out on the bed."

Lin, pleasantly surprised by the sight of Kya all done up, but completely confused as to why attempted to ask what was going on but was promptly ignored.

"Just go get dressed," Kya insisted. "We're gonna be late if you don't hurry."

Lin did as she was told, stepping into the bedroom and bent her armor off and began stripping out of the rest of her uniform.

"Late for what?" Lin tried to ask.

Kya ignored her and went to the telephone and started dialing.

Lin rolled her eyes and looked at the clothes set out on the bed. It was a fine velvet suit that was a green so dark it was almost black with silver accents and a crisp white blouse to go with it. She quickly dawned the suit as carefully as she could. She took a moment to check her image in the mirror and frowned at her hair. She took out the pin and deftly redid her hair in a more elegant bun and reset the hairpin. Then she looked around for shoes.

"Kya, where are my dress shoes?" she called out.

"Out here, love."

Lin emerged from the bedroom and was met with Kya holding out a pair of dress shoes with metal soles. They were the pair she already owned besides her dress uniform ones.

Lin stooped to put them on, her fingers flashing over the laces. Kya regarded her thoughtfully as the metalbender stood back up. She stepped close and tugged lightly at the hair at Lin's temples until they fell lightly in soft, wavy strands framing her face. Kya admired her work for a brief second and then grinned taking Lin's hand and pulling her to the door.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on, or are you going to just keep ignoring me?" Lin asked as they entered the elevator.

"I was going to tell you, but then you were late coming home," Kya told her pertly.

The elevator doors closed and Lin stepped back to admire Kya, her expression amused.

"Like whatcha see, Chief?" Kya smirked.

Lin hummed softly in the affirmative.

"You're not looking so bad yourself," Kya added.

Lin smirked at the other woman, "You're avoiding my question, though."

Kya scoffed as the elevator doors slid open again on the ground floor. Kya, still holding Lin's hand pulled her outside and to Lin's satomobile parked on the side of the street.

"You know you have to tell me where we're going now that I'm driving," Lin said as they climbed in the satomobile.

"Yep," the waterbender replied. "To the concert hall!" she gestured dramatically in the vague direction of their destination.

Lin raised a questioning eyebrow as she pulled out into the street. "Why?"

"Because."

Lin sighed in slight exasperation. She wasn't going to get a straight answer from the other woman until they were actually there, Lin guessed.

It only took a few moments to get there, since their apartment was just on the edge of downtown Republic City. Lin offered the waterbender her arm, which she took with a grin, and led her inside.

~~~

Lin plucked the program from Kya's hands once they were seated and promptly began to read it. The waterbender grinned, watching her lover in the dim light. Lin's expression changed from surprise to confusion and looked back up at a grinning Kya.

"How did you get tickets to the Ba Sing Se Symphony?" Lin asked incredulously.

"Remember me and Pema's deal on Halloween?" Kya replied.

Lin looked from Kya to the program and back up to Kya. "This," she said, holding up the program, "was your trade?"

"The tickets to that," Kya said, poking the program, "yes. Your favorite symphony for a few hours trick or treating with the air heads."

Lin let the program drop to her lap and caught Kya's hand, holding it gently. Her mouth worked as if she were going to say something, but the lights dimmed and the heavy stage curtains slid aside revealing the stage. In the dark, Lin raised the other woman's hand to her lips and kissed it gently before lowering it to rest again. She squeezed it affectionately. Kya, beaming ear to ear squeezed back. The two turned their attention to the symphony as the symphony began to play. They sat there holding hands for the entire duration of the performance.

~~~

So this has been sitting in my drafts pile for ages now because I wasn't happy with how it turned out (I'm still not, but I guess this is as good as it'll get or it never would've been published).

I'd like to apologize for the overly long gap this time. Not to give excuses, but life, man. Just life.

Be on the lookout for new moments! I got a few already in the works.

Y'all know the drill XD Please leave suggestions and/or ideas in the comments for more moments. Your guys are the world to me and reading your comments never cease to make my day! <3 Thank You for reading!