Wake Up

Kya woke with sunlight streaming across her face. She groaned as opened her eyes and sat up. She blinked wearily around, confused. She recognised the plain practical room as one of the many hospital rooms, but couldn't remember why or how she'd gotten there. Kya shifted so that she rested against the headboard. Her hand brushed something warm and she looked down to find a sleeping Lin. Her hand had brushed Lin's warm fingers. Kya gazed down on the sight, both delighted and mystified at the sight of her lover asleep at the side of her hospital bed. She touched Lin's palm softly and lin's fingers curled sleepily around hers.

Kya watched her for a few moments before she finally retracted her fingers and stroked her steel gray hair, now falling out of its usually neat bun. "Lin," she said gently.

The earthbender mumbled something unintelligible into the coveres, still asleep.

Kya continued stroking Lin's hair. "Lin, wake up."

Lin shifted and mumbled again, though this time the waterbender could clearly hear her say "Kya".

She couldn't help but smile. She gently pushed at the metalbender's shoulder and Lin woke with a start. "Easy, Lin. easy."

Lin's emerald eyes seemed to focus and they turned to her. She let out of breath and relaxed. Then she winced and rubbed at the back of her neck with a hand. She'd fallen asleep still wearing her armor.

"Long night," Kya asked, her tone amused.

Lin gave an irritated look as she stood and stretched for a moment before sitting back down.

"Wanna tell me why I'm here?"

The metalbender arched an eyebrow. "You mean you don't remember?"

The other woman shook her head.

"Nothing? You don't remember anything at all that happened yesterday?"

"Nope. But I like you hair all messed up like that," she said reaching out to toy with a loose strand. "Its kinda sexy."

Lin blushed lightly and rolled her eyes. "You fought with four men yesterday in a food market, and was injured and knocked out just as we arrived according to eyewitnesses. That jog your memory?"

Kya stared at Lin, her mouth open for a moment. "Woah woah woah! Wait! I did what?"

"Calm down, Kya," Lin said putting out her hands.

"How did I get knocked out?"

"You were fighting."

"Yes, but how specifically?"

"Specifically? I'm not a hundred percent sure, but eyewitnesses accounts one of the men earth bent at you from behind and that's when you fell."

"Damn," Kya spat. The events of the day before were starting to come back to her now. She nodded absently. "Okay yeah, i remember now."

"okay. I wont have you do it now, but later I'm going to need to take a statement from you. I'll take you down to the station later. We can do it then," Lin said.

Kya was in mid nod when she suddenly sat up straight, an arm outstretched towards lin. "Lin! I forgot the groceries! I left them on the counter of one of the shops!"

~~~

  Thank You for reading! Please leave suggestions and/or ideas in the comments for more moments. Your guy's feedback means so much to me!