Note and Keys

Kya woke with the sun streaming across her face in Lin's big double bed. She sat up in the mess of sheets and blankets, and found Lin not there. She had gone to work then. Kya beamed in pure happiness and jubilation.

Nature's call got her out of bed. She padded into the bathroom and cleaned herself up. She found Lin's robe on hook on the door, and threw it over herself, knotting it tightly. Kya couldn't help but smile again as lin scent filled her sense of smell.

Feeling hungry, kya went out to the kitchen to find something to eat. On the counter, she found a note and a small envelope. Next to it was some toast, fruit, and coffee set out. She sat at a stool to read the note.

Kya,
Thank you for last night. I was unsure and maybe afraid before, but now I have no doubt that I want to be with you. In the envelope, you'll find a set of keys to the apartment. If I can trust with my heart, I can trust you in my apartment. So I guess now it's 'ours', if you'll stay.

Love,
Lin

P.S. I set some food out for you, but help yourself to anything you need.

Kya laughed out loud as she wiped tears from her eyes. It wasn't the most romantic letter ever written, but it was so... so Lin Beifong. Lin had never been a very affectionate person, but if you knew her well enough, one could see when she cared about something. She was very much like her mother when it came to emotional stuff. But this was straight from Lin. Her awkwardness with showing love easily seen within the lines of the brief note. When Lin says something, she means it.

Kya reread the letter several more times and laughed. She stared at the word above her name - love. Lin had actually written love. Kya was giddy and grinning as she picked up the envelope and shook the two small keys into the palm of her hand. She held them to her chest and spun around in the kitchen. She had never been so happy in her life.
~~~
Please leave any suggestions and/or ideas in the comments. Your guy's feedback means so much to me!