𝟎𝟔 | good hunter

"Well then, shall we go, milady?"

I simply walked past him, "I doubt that I need to hold your hand in order to walk to the place where we'll eat, Kaeya."

His shoulders samk in visible disappointment, "If you say so... the offer still stands."

"Noted."

Since I didn't know where we should eat lunch, Kaeya took the lead and I followed him from right behind.

[ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 : 𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ]

It's been a few minutes since we started walking, Y/N just right behind me.

"Kaeya?" Y/N said out of the blue.

"Yes, Y/N?" I said, stopping in my tracks in order to look at her expressionless face.

"You don't know where we're going, don't you?"

No, I don't.

"Of course I do. The man must always be the one to take the lead, after all."

She sighed in perceptible irritation and took the lead instead.

Even though I was a bit confused, I decided to follow her.

"If there's something you don't know of or are unsure of, don't hesitate to speak up to me; I'll always be willing to help you out."

Since she was in front and her back was facing me, I couldn't see what kind of face she made when she said that.

I smiled deeply to myself, "If you say so. So, where exactly are we headed?"

"Months ago, Eula told me about this restaurant she'd seen when she was exploring. She said she never went in but she was interested and wanted to go there the next time she passed by. I think it was called Good Hunter."

"Ah, I've already been there a few times. I definitely recommend Sticky Honey Roast. Do you mind if I take the lead instead?"

"Sure, no problem."

I walk in front of Y/N and take the lead.

[ 𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ]

Sticky Honey Roast, huh? It sounds delicious.

I follow behind Kaeya quietly and to my surprise, he's also quiet.

Too quiet. That's odd.

Before I could point out his strange behaviour, he stopped.

"It seems we've arrived." He said, looking and smiling at me.

The both of us entered the restaurant and we took our seats at a nearby table.

After a short while, a waitress approached us.

"Hi! So, what can I get for the both of you today?" She asked.

I looked at something that was pinned near her chest and it showed that her name was Sara.

"Hello, Sara." Kaeya greeted her.

It looks like he knows her.

"Oh, Kaeya! I didn't notice that it was you. So, who's the lady you brought here?"

She looked and motioned to my direction.

I smiled at her politely, "I'm Y/N, a friend and classmate of Kaeya's, sadly."

"What exactly are you trying to imply, Y/N?"

Sara giggled before the both of us could start bickering.

"As much as this is entertaining to watch, I'm gonna need your orders soon; I still have other people to attend to."

"Right then, we'll both have a glass of water and Sticky Honey Roast." Kaeya told her.

"I'll get it to the both of you right away!" Sara said before she left to get our orders ready.

I brought out my phone to check the time and we still had a lot of minutes left before our classes start.

Before I could start any conversation with Kaeya, my attention was brought to the sound of the door opening, revealing someone familiar to me.

"Venti? Is that you?" I called out to the person that just entered but not too loudly so that I wouldn't bother the other diners.

[ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ]

i know that this chapter is extremely short but i feel like cutting it here because if i keep writing this (combined with the next chapter), it'll be too long

i know that this chapter is extremely short but i feel like cutting it here because if i keep writing this (combined with the next chapter), it'll be too long. well, not rlly but still, i'll cut it here lol. i'm excited to finish writing the next chapter bc i thought of a rlly fun concept hehe. so, don't forget to vote/like!