𝟐𝟏 | iridescent ghosts

[ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 ]

"Ohh, so you guys were simply just talking each other! I thought you guys were- never mind." Childe stopped himself mid-sentence before he was even able to finish speaking, making me silently wonder what it was that Childe was supposed to say had he not taken back his words.

"What were you guys talking about and why be so secretive about it?" Instead, he inquired, evidently curious as to what Kaeya and I were so closely and intently discussing with each other,

Seeing that he was so intrigued to the point where it seemed as though not knowing would kill him, I decided to answer him because I wouldn't like to be labeled as a ginger murderer.

"Do you remember when Lady Keqing approached us during break time and told us that she was handling the proposal papers of an arts and crafts event from the school board?" Childe nodded so I continued, "Apparently, she wants us to help her out with some stuff related to it because we're the only ones who know about it and she doesn't want to announce it to the school yet because it isn't confirmed if we'll push through with the event or not." I lied.

He frowned slightly at my response, giving off the impression that he was clearly disappointed with Lady Keqing.

"Isn't it a bit rude to ask new students to help with the Liyue Qixing's work in just their first day of classes? Are you sure you guys want to do it?"

"We're very much alright with doing so. Besides, Y/N wants to help Lady Keqing and she also wants to know how the Liyue Qixing works and what the Jade Chamber looks like." Kaeya responded as I nodded along, answering honestly but omitting some parts of the real truth.

Upon hearing Kaeya's words, Childe's eyes widened so damn big you'd think they were about to pop out.

"The Jade Chamber?! You guys were invited there?! That's quite an amazing feat, considering that you two are new here..."

His sudden response and reaction to Kaeya's words took me slightly aback, "Uh, yeah... Is there something wrong about that or...?"

"Do you guys even know what the Jade Chamber is? It's Ningguang's personal office and she RARELY lets students inside it; let alone new ones that aren't a part of the Liyue Qixing." He explained, the feeling of shock still apparent in his good looking features-