five

note: this is all raw and not thoroughly edited

KIM YUN

"You're really cheesy," I tell him.

"And you're flustered. Look at your pink cheeks." I cover my face. He chuckles and resumes eating. "Speaking of cheeks, when will you gain back all the weight you lost? I'm scared you'll cut me with those cheekbones."

I don't reply and we continue our meal while he blabbers on about whatever Choi Beomgyu blabbers about.

"Thank you," I mutter finally.

He looks up and locks eyes with mine. He sighs. "I don't know what's gotten into you, but I hope you know that I'm not just your friend, you're mine as well. This isn't a one-way relationship."

When he sees my still-doubtful-eyes he takes my face in both his hands, squishing my cheeks. He pulls me close to his face. "Eat your food. I think you're just trying to distract me and make me feel bad for you so I won't force you to eat."

I push his face away with my hand, starting to crack up. "Yes, you got me. I hate your food." I stuff a bunch of it into my mouth and pretend to make disgusted facial expressions while he beams back.

"I still don't get why you're single."

I laugh sarcastically. "I grew up around guys. My only friend at school is a guy," I remind him. "I can't stand another one, much less a relationship that can add to the stressful emotions of a female teenager, thank you very much."

He raises his hands in surrender.

"By the way, how was meeting my childhood friends for the first time?" I ask curiously.

He puffs out his cheeks and blows out all the air before answering. "They were highly inquisitive–well mostly Chenle and Jisung–of your love life. They first asked if we were dating, and I was so tempted to say yes, but I knew better than to mess with them.

"So, I told them you have no romantic relationships in school, and if you did I have no idea about it. Once we overcame that, they stopped treating me as hostile and we talked about boy stuff," he shrugs.

"Oh, that's good. You know they still asked me that afterward. They asked if we were dating," I scoff. "I honestly never wanted you guys to meet. You know they have loads of embarrassing stories about me," I shudder at the thought of Beomgyu knowing.

He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "I didn't necessarily say we stopped talking about you..."

I stare at his apologetic smile and slam my utensils on the table, sending him flying off his chair. "I'm gonna kill them when I get home."

His head pops up and he shakes it vigorously. "They're really cool, they'll hate me if they find out I exposed them."

I consider the poor guy for a moment. "Fine. It's not like you have anyone to tell anyway."

He looks relieved at this and sits back down.

My eyes shift to the clock.

3 hours and 17 minutes left.

"Come in," the voice says from inside and I shakily enter the room, closing and bolting the door right behind me.

My eyes flutter over to the sharp object displayed casually on the edge of his table. He stands in one corner of the room, mug in hand and gazing out the window where there is a view of the school's running track. He sips it and breathes out with satisfaction before closing the blinds, blocking the only light and view into the office.