eleven

KIM YUN

As I was saying, they were all really attractive. The oldest, Yeonjun, was really sweet and caring too. Kai, the other one my age was teeming with energy and was pretty loud, but I found it funny, all of us did. Soobin, the one Jeno's age, was pretty quiet at first but once the morning went on he had no problem with starting conversations with me. He was probably just sleepy.

"So you're the best seat mate in the whole galaxy?" Soobin asked curiously, quietly panting, while we walked side by side, lagging behind the rest of the group. I would've actually gone up faster but they all seemed determined to not come after Soobin so I felt bad and joined him. It was still dark too. Leaving someone behind seemed unwise.

I laughed. "Best seat mate in the whole galaxy?"

He turned and accidentally pointed the flashlight at my face. "Oh sorry. But yeah, that's what Beomgyu says. Now at least. Before that it was always 'my seat mate is a statue'."

I found out from my walk with Soobin that their love for performance brought them together. And apparently, Beomgyu writes songs.

It made me think about how much I actually know about him. In comparison to his knowledge of me, probably very little.

"He's pretty famous in the academy," Soobin said. "Gets a lot of confessions, even from girls from other schools. But he's never interested."

"Well," Jeno's strained voice comes again, pulling me out of my thoughts. He holds out his arms so I can help him up. "Tell us next time. Please. We get worried."

He stands up with my help and our faces are incredibly close. I stare up at him and am immediately reminded of our kiss so I shove his face away quickly. "Y-yeah. Okay."

"Hey, are you free after school?" Beomgyu asks as soon as the lunch bell rings.

I had been stressed all weekend just thinking about after class. I missed one session before, but because of what that caused, I made sure to never do it again.

This time I missed two sessions and I am not eager to think about it.

"Yun?"

I look at him apologetically. "Sorry, tutorials. I might also have to make up for my absences."

"Oh right," he recalls. "What subject for again?"

"I-I u-uh..." shit. "M-math. Math. Yes Math."

He looks at me skeptically. "Aren't your grades fine though? You're part of the top 10."

"How else do you think?" I look away, unable to handle his sharp eyes. "I work hard for that."

"True," he sighs. I relax slightly, but he's not done. "Where do you hold them?"

Why is he suddenly so curious?

"Uh library, where else?"

"Cool," he says, finally taking out our food. "You seem really close to Taehyun by the way."

I exhale with relief at him changing the subject. "Yeah. He's so fun honestly. All of them were. I'm so happy I went." I grin at the memories that come back.

He pushes me my food and smiles. "I'm happy you agreed to go. I told Taehyun that there would be a higher chance you'd say yes if he asked rather than me."

I mouth some rice and nod. "That's true. I said yes almost immediately." I turn to him when I remember my talk with Soobin. "Also, Soobin-oppa said you write songs?"

He turns red. "He told you that?"

I pout. "Why'd you never tell me?"

"You're not that into music so I thought you wouldn't be interested..."