four

KIM YUN

Jeno arrives beside me and punch his arm and throw both hot packs at him. He laughs when he sees my angry and tear-stricken face. He pulls me into a hug and ruffles my hair in the process. "You were amazing today."

I sob into his shoulder, so relieved to finally hear that. I hear voices and footsteps get louder and louder. I then find myself surrounded by cheers and pats on the back. I can't tell who I hug or who hugs me amidst all the chaos. At some point, a jacket is placed over me.

"Yun!!! Jeno sent the video! You looked so cool!" my cousin shrieks when she gets to me. She pulls me into a bone-crushing hug and I have to tap out so she knows I'm in pain.

"What video? The demo or my punishment?" I ask, sending a glare at Jeno who is conversing with Mark. "Anyway, is there food?"

My already messy hair is destroyed even more. "Barbecue, I already reserved a place so let's go!!!" My oldest brother, Kim Seokjin drapes his arm over my shoulders and leads the group to the restaurant.

"When did you guys arrive?" I ask him as we walk.

He checks his watch. "About...2/3 hours ago?"

I nod and wrap my arms around his waist. "How long have you been planning this?"

"Oh, we talked about it over break. We had a lot of time to since you were always out practicing. We wanted to invite all your friends from school..." he clears his throat awkwardly. "We didn't think you only had one."

I crane my neck and look around for said friend. I catch him walking next to Jaemin. He waves at me with a smile and I send one back. "How'd you get in contact with him?"

"We asked Jaemin. I mean, he is the only one we know from your school. Then Jaemin told us he knew Beomgyu, so we contacted him and we told him to bring all your friends. I didn't think..."

I no longer listen, my mind now on Jaemin who I didn't think would even be interested in my life, more so my relations.

Well, he does work with Beomgyu in their photography club, and considering how talkative Beomgyu can be...

It's not like I've always hated the guy. He was actually my first playmate since his family and mine moved in the same month. I considered him my best friend, until elementary when he ditched me when some other kids start picking on me. Then he got to middle school, got famous for his looks, and started dating the whole fucking population.

As much as I disliked him, however, he was part of the group. The boys had nothing against him and honestly, he generally is very pleasant and fun. But the way he dates and dumps girls, it's the most disgusting thing. He lets all the popularity get to him. It's revolting.

Luckily for the others, this–our inability to reconcile–doesn't really affect them. Besides occasional outbursts and extremely heated arguments, they are pretty successful in making sure we don't interact.

"We're here!" my other brother, Kim Namjoon announces when we get to the place.

Everyone files in and I pull Beomgyu aside. Once it's just us two outside he hugs me and rocks me side to side.

"I saw the video. You did great."

"And you are so mean. You didn't mention it at all," I huff.

He pulls away and shudders. "Nope, your brothers and all your henchmen are too scary for me to even think about a ratting out."

I laugh. "They're not my henchmen, and they're all harmless."

He shakes his head. "Not when it comes to you. And all the times you've told me about the pranks they've played seemed so possible."