nine

NA JAEMIN

Accustomed to the stop-and-move motion of the train, I easily find a position where I am totally balanced. I take out my phone to distract myself, every once in a while glancing back at the now sleeping girl to make sure she doesn't bother anyone.

Just because if she did, it might cause a ruckus and I would have to interfere because if I didn't I'd be held accountable by Beomgyu and the boys. If Beomgyu never asked me I wouldn't have done this.

While scrolling through social media, I receive a notification from Jisung. I read the preview and it makes me hesitate. I glance back up at Yun who is forcing herself to stay awake by blinking her eyes hard and pinching herself.

Even if we've been in this sort of relationship for years, the boys have treated us just the same. It's common knowledge and I know they don't agree with it, but I suppose now they realize nothing can fix it. I know that despite our disagreements, whether just trivial or deeply hurtful, they are on both our sides. Always.

I know just how much she matters to them, and me hating her doesn't mean I don't understand why. She's just as much a sister to them as they're brothers to me.

Jisung

Hyung I'm so sorry in advanced for what I'm about to ask...

But it's Yun.

I don't know if you read the gc, but we fought and you've seen how emotions can really...

bother her?

anyway, I just wanted to know if you saw her go to school today

I don't know if you remember last time, but we're trying to avoid that

hey jisung

it might be better if you ask Beomgyu, but I think I may have seen her

not so sure though

Oh, I didn't think of doing that...

Thank you hyung! see you

i'm sorry again...

hey

I read through what happened

are you okay?

yeah...i'm really just worried about Yun

what I did was uncalled for 😕

I stare at the chat and wonder if I should I ask for details to be polite, but the train arrives and I have to get off.

I step off the train and look for a spot where I can quickly reply to Jisung. I send the message and resume my walk home, when suddenly I remember Yun.

I turn around on the escalator that is bringing me up and anxiously search through the sea of people for blue. I turn the whole way around and when I am unsuccessful, I immediately bolt back down.

A few people give me strange looks, but I pay no attention to them. I get to the platform again and notice that the train we were on hasn't left yet, and even if this is its terminal stop, it doesn't stay this long. I hurriedly walk over and see that an employee is inside the one I was on, trying to wake a certain passenger.

Without thinking, I rush in and insert myself between the man and her, who by the way isn't budging. That probably means he hasn't tried to shake her awake. Which is good because the boys wouldn't like the thought of a stranger touching her. I mean, neither would she.