17

"I'm s-sorry", he said nervously.

Y/n was shocked would be an understatement. She was way too terrified because of Jungkook's behavior.

DID HE JUST APOLOGIZE!!!

"W-what did you say?", she asked as she wasn't able to believe her ears.

"I'm really sorry Y/n", He said again.

Y/n just stared at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything. I know I can't be forgiven for what I have done but I really do regret my mistakes. The guilt is eating me alive. I'm not able to sleep as the memories of me hurting you keep coming back to me. Please forgive me Y/n and please can we go back to when we were friends", Jungkook pleaded.

Y/n was trying to process about what happened.

She can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"We were never friends Jungkook, it was always me who tried to be friends with you", she started.

Jungkook just sat there as the words that Y/n said hurt him so much.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you. It's just too difficult and we can never go back to the old time. Even if I think of forgiving you, your harsh words starts ringing in my head. So it'll be difficult for me to forgive you", She said.

Jungkook started feeling so bad. He started hating himself for doing this to the poor girl who just wanted to be friends. He didn't notice that tears started forming in his eyes.

It's not the time to cry, Jungkook.

He said to himself as he blinked the tears away.

"But I'm glad that you apologized. I never thought you would apologize", she smiled.

I guess he's doing this because of Minho or maybe he just wants to be a better person.

She thought.

"It's just I can't forgive you... But I'll try, maybe in the future I'll be able to forgive you if you changed your behaviour... I don't know", she added.

That means there's a chance of her forgiving me!

He thought.

"Thanks Y/n for listening to me. I'll try my best to change myself and to prove that I've changed so that you can forgive me", Jungkook smiled.

"I'm glad that you're trying to change", she said while smiling.

I'll do anything for you to forgive me and once you forgive me, I'll confess to you. I hope you haven't moved on.

He thought. There was an awkward silence.

Y/n decided to write about the project while Jungkook blankly looked at the screen of this phone.

Minho arrived and went straight towards Y/n and started completing the project.

After half an hour they decided to stop and continue later as it was already dark outside.

"I think I should go now", Y/n told Minho.

"I should go too it's getting late", Jungkook spoke out of nowhere.

Minho just nodded.

Y/n started making her way outside while Jungkook did the same.

Y/n walked out of the house as she took out her phone to call her mother. Jungkook was walking behind her.

"Hello Mom, I'll be there in sometime.. I know you're missing me", she said teasingly.

Jungkook grinned at her statement.

She hung up the call.

Jungkook approached her.

"H-Hey", Jungkook stuttered.

"Hey", she said while looking straight.

"If y-you don't mind can I walk with you? I'm kinda feeling lonely today", he said.

"Umm... Okay", she said unsure.

"Thank you!", Jungkook smiled showing his bunny teeth.

Y/n smiled seeing Jungkook genuinely smiling.

Maybe he's trying to change.