Im here, its okay.. im here

Tw- loss of family member, self blame, panic attack, self harm,
————————————————————————————————————————————————
You and Tommy sat in silence for what felt like days, but was only a few hours.

You just scrolled through your phone aimlessly.

Eventually, the same nurse left the room, a dark expression hung over her young face. "Is she okay?" You asked, getting up off of your seat.

She looked at you with a sorry expression. "I'm so sorry."

You immediately started crying. "What do you mean your sorry? Is she okay?" Tommy said, tears flowing from his blue eyes once again.

"She didn't make it," the nurse informed you.

"What? No. No, she can't die," Tommy kept repeating, to himself. You opened your arms to hug him. He wrapped his arms around your waist.

You stayed like that for a few minutes, just silently sobbing into each other.

Eventually, you pulled away.

You both left the hospital shortly after, not daring to say a word.

You drove home in complete silence, silent tears still streaming down your face.

Once you pulled into the driveway. You both got out of the car. You locked it before unlocking and opening the front door. Tommy immediately sprinted to his room, slamming the door behind him. You decided to let him have some time alone.

You went up to your bedroom and sat on your bed, unsure of what to do.

It's your fault that she died. Your fault. Your own thoughts made you sob hard, to the point where you couldn't breathe. Your hands started shaking uncontrollably and your breath ran short. Not again.

Panic had completely overtaken your body. You sobbed helplessly, trying your hardest to regulate your breathing, but you couldn't. It was all your fault that your mum had died, and now you and your 16 year old brother had to live without any parents.

At least you both had some form of income.

You sat on your bed, short of breath for what felt like years. You couldn't breathe. You tried to do what Clay always did, but it was so much harder without him.

Without thinking, you called Clay. He picked up on the second ring. "Y/n? Are you okay? What happened?" He asked quickly.

"I can't," you choked out. He hates you. He doesn't want to keep on helping your breathe again. Just die. He won't miss you, no one will. Just die.

"Y/n, remember, you need to breathe with me. Breathe with me okay?" He said before loudly breathing in and out. You tried to do the same but you couldn't. You just sobbed harder.

"I can't," you choked out again. "Yes you can. Breathe with me."

After what felt like hours, you could breathe again, however you continued to sob.

"I'm coming over," Clay said simply before hanging up.

After around 15 minutes, there was a knock at the door. You was still crying hard. You roughly wiped away your tears, but they just came back.

Giving up, you threw on a jumper and ran to the door. You answered it and looked up to see who it was.

It was Clay.

You leapt into his open arms and sobbed into his shoulder for a few minutes. He rubbed your back reassuringly with one hand, and played with your hair with the other.