22.

Loki sits on the throne in his Allfather appearance admiring the golden fixtures. "Lady Beyla is entering, my King." A guard bows down to the Allfather as he presents the Goddess. Loki smiles raising his arms. "Beyla." She smiles bowing. "Goodmorning, Allfather."

"Leave us," Loki says to the guards. The two guards look at each other strangely before closing the large golden doors shut. "Change." Beyla giggles walking up the steps to him. Loki's appearance changes to himself in seconds. He pulls her to rest on his lap. "Did my Queen have a nice rest?" She moans, smiling, "I have to say. I've never slept better." Loki kisses her cheek. "Did it have anything to do with my silver tongue, darling?" Beyla turns her neck into his neck, giggling. "I think it was, and a bit of my-"

"Allfather! My King!" A guard rushes into the room. Beyla gasps standing up, wobbling on her feet, while Loki switches appearances quickly. Beyla grabs onto Loki's shoulder for balance, while he reaches to her waist making sure she didn't fall. "Ah... Lady Beyla. I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Silence!" Loki screams. Loki looked down at Beyla. "Tend to your Garden, Beyla." She nods, with flushed cheeks exiting the room. The guards look at Beyla with wonder as she passes. "What was she doing in there so early?" One guard asks the other. He shrugs, "She spends lots of time with the Allfather these days." "Hmm. She does."

~

I walk the Gardens, tending to their needs. Suddenly feet away on the other side of the roses, I hear voices. "She's working for the crown. Why else would she be by his side?" "I'm not sure. She could be tenting to his matters. He has lost his family." "He doesn't seem sad about that." "She was always so propper." "Yes, a shame." I push the roses down and stare at the two women. "Excuse me?" Their eyes grow wide. "Lady Beyla." The bow. "What were you two saying?" I ask flatly. "Nothing- just how... uh." I cross my arms with a scowl. "We apologize, Lady Beyla." The other says pulling away and rushing out of my view.

"Ah, there she is," Loki says in his Allfather form. I roll my eyes. "Good to see you too." I shake my head, sighing, "No, no. I didn't mean it like that." I walk closer to him smiling. "What is wrong, my flower? Can I get you anything?" "No, Loki." "Then what troubles you?" I look around seeing the distant eyes of the people. "Nothing. May we discuss this later? Alone perhaps?" His eyes light up and a smirk grows on his face. "Alone. Perfect."

I hear gasps from around and rush away in stress. The entire kingdom thinks I'm with the Allfather! FUCKING EW!

~

Loki lays in our bed reading alone. "Darling." He greets me as I enter. "I was wondering where you had run off to." I slip my shoes off and climb into the bed. "Loki, love, we need to talk." He closed the book, setting it aside. "Has something happened?" He asks frantically checking my chest for discoloration of the heart. "No, no. I think the others in Asgard have found a new opinion of me." Loki narrows his eyes. "Such as? What could anyone say?" I sighed shaking my head. "I've heard them talk. They think I am... comforting Odin." Loki's face twists into confusion, then realization, then disgust. "Oh, darling. I didn't even think." "See what I mean?" Loki sighs, "Then we shall be more careful. Meeting each other in secret like the olden days." I giggle tangling my legs with his. "And what could be the harm in that?"