35

Both Loki and I hit the ground. I stand up quickly looking around. I rip off my black helmet disguise revealing myself. I gaze at him softly "Loki" He rips the device shielding his speech. "My love. You're here." Once on his feet I run into him not caring about my fragile state. "Oh, darling." I grab his cheeks looking into his eyes. This is still my Loki. Harder than before, thickener-headed, and still on his glorious purpose run, but I don't care. "My Loki. I've missed you."

Loki looks over my face. The added years have got to be shown clearly in my features. "How is your hair-" "Shut up." I jerk his collar down meet our lips together. Just then someone clears their throat. We separate to see three individuals all staring at us. Loki moves and stands on a rock, elevating himself above them. "I am Loki of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose."  One of the women speaks in Mongolian, "Who are you? Why have you come to our home?" Loki looks at me for assistance, but before I can respond A gold transparent door opens and several soldiers come through. We just got here!

They inspect the Tesseract. "Don't touch that!" Loki says jumping off the rock and walking towards the tesseract. Another door opens and a woman walks out. A hunter labeled B-15 on her uniform steps through. "Appears to be a standard sequence violation. The branch is growing at a stable rate and slope. Variants are identified."

Loki stands in front of me, guarding me off. "I beg your pardon." The woman is cold as she speaks, "On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline. Hands up." I begin to raise my hands but Loki pushes them down. "Beyla, you are a Goddess! Goodness darling!" The soldiers come behind me and grab my arms forcing them behind me, "Hey!" I rip my arm away throwing a punch at one of their faces. "Release her! NOW!" Loki barges. "You're coming with us," B-15 says to Loki as the other two struggle with me. A collar is wrapped around my neck and a tie around my wrists. "What is this?" I scream as I attempt to use my magic.

"Last chance, Variant."

Loki glares at the hunter, "It's been a very long day, and I think I've had my fill of idiots in armored suits telling me what to do, so, if you don't mind, this is actually your last chance. Now release my wife, and get out of my way." Hunter B-15 strikes him with her weapons. He falls back in slow motion. She approaches and places a collar on Loki. "You are now moving at 1/16th speed, but feeling all that pain in real-time." Loki falls to the ground, returning to moving in real-time.

"Reset the timeline." As both Loki and I are hauled away I watch them place a calendar of light on the ground right before we are pulled through the golden glowing door.

~

The two Hunters holding me lead me through the doorway. I didn't know what was coming, my guess was instant death or pain, so as we passed through my limbs became stiff as steel. "Come on, Variant!" One of the guards kicks my leg. I look back spitting in his face. Loki chuckles behind me, "You should treat her nicely. She's dangerous." The Hunter rolls his eyes continuing to push me forward.

Other Hunters walk around with their prisoners in the large room. "This is mad! We haven't done anything!" I pull on the Hunters again. I am slammed into the desk in front of a worker who looks calm at the outrageous outburst.

They tug Loki up beside me. The worker at the desk starts, "Uh, Hello, Ma'am-" "Log this as evidence," Hunter B-15 places the Tessaract in his hands. He turns it with a confused look. "Oh... Can you at least tell me what it is?" We're dragged away yet again. "It's the Tesseract. Be very careful with it." Loki yells as we're pushed away. "Sounds dumb." The worker says placing it down.

"What is this place?" I ask having my feet dragged and making it just as difficult as I could be. Go easily? Never. "Separate them." Hunter B-15 says making my guards turn the opposite way from Loki. "Beyla," Loki says as he struggles against his guards.