14, always with you

1 year ago

1 year ago

"DR, PAIGE, I AM TELLING YOU, if you put Newt into the maze, Daphne will not cooperate any longer." Thomas told the blonde woman, Teresa standing behind him with her arms crossed, staying silent.

It's been a year since Newt walked up to Daphne and started a game of tic-tac-toe with her, and they are both now sixteen. The two have been dating for six months.

"Why? Because they're in love?" Paige mocked, rolling her eyes. "Don't be so naive Thomas, which is what those two are being. They're kids, they're not in love, and Daphne will get over it. She will cooperate just fine."

"He's right, Dr. Paige," Teresa spoke up, walking to Thomas's side. "Newt occupying Daphne is the only thing stopping her from figuring out what we're doing here. She is incredible smart, she'll put the pieces together. Especially if what she has to figure out took away the boy she loved."

"It'll give her a motive to find out what we're doing here." Thomas added and Teresa nodded.

"Trinity will keep her in check." Paige shrugged.

"But you plan on taking Minho? Don't you? And Harriet, Elizabeth, all these people are Trinity's friends and Daphne's. Those girls will become threats to your project if you take the people they care about away from." Thomas explained. "And have you watched Trinity for a moment? Daphne is always the one calming her down, you take away their friends, Trinity will only encourage Daphne's behavior."

"Thomas, enough!" Paige yelled, turning around to look at the two. "Newt will be going into the maze very soon, along with Minho. It doesn't matter if Daphne and Newt are in love, if him being gone makes her angry, we have ways to make her cooperate."

Daphne stood in one of the many labs of the building, messing around with some chemicals. She backed away slightly, when smoke started to appear out of the jar. Writing the results in her notebook, she waved her hand around to clear the smoke.

She felt hands on her waist and Daphne jumped slightly, letting out a shriek as she turned around. "Oh my god!"

"Darling, it's just me," The familiar voice spoke and she relaxed, looking at Newt.

"What are you doing here?" Daphne questioned. "Paige said I can come to the lab as long as I don't bring anyone."

"Well, you left the door unlocked love, and I missed my girl." Newt smirked and Daphne smiled, blushing. She stood on her tip-toes, kissing his cheek and Newt smiled.

"I missed you too." Daphne shrugged, walking to the table and grabbing a beaker, dumping the liquid into a sink. She looked back at Newt, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Harriet's leaving tomorrow."

"Oh god," Newt sighed, glancing at her. "How's Trinity doing?"

"She's mad, Minho and Winston had to stop her from going to talk to Paige." She explained, a sad look on her face. "Newt, what if one day that's us?"