Nightmares

Mandy woke up terrified. The same nightmare plagued her thoughts, over and over again like a broken record. She put her head in her hands and let herself cry, but something wasn't right...Brian wasn't there.

"Brian?" Mandy questions close to a whisper, not allowing it to go higher in fear that her voice would betray her. "Bri?" She questions, her voice wavering. She steps out from her room, holding her blanket close as she walked. 

She walked over to where Brian's room was and she noticed it was empty. She grabbed her blanket and climbed onto the bed. She placed her head on the pillow and started to doze off again.

Brian walked out of Mia's car. "Thanks Mia." He says as he walks over to his apartment. He opens the door and he walks inside the small apartment. He walks over to his sister's room and he notices she's gone. "Mandy?" He questions as he searches his apartment. "Mands?" He questions, but he stops as he makes it to his room and sees his little sister curled into a ball fast asleep.

He sighs in relief. He gets ready for bed and he lays next to his sister. "Brian?" Mandy questions, her voice kind of hoarse from crying. "I'm here Mandy." He says causing Mandy to hug him close. "You weren't here." She says. "I know, I know and I'm sorry." He says letting her cry into her shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Brian questions. "I saw it all over again, you were being taken away." She cries. Brian sighs as he holds her close. She sighs shakily, the images of Brian getting taken from the house in handcuffs still fresh in her mind. "Promise you won't leave me again." She says, her tears staining his shirt. "I promise." Brian says, he continues patting her hair up until he hears her soft snores.

It was the next morning, Mandy was eating her cereal as Brian was fixing himself a bowl. "What are you planning on doing today?" Brian questions as he leans against the counter, eating his cereal. "I might go to Mia's, if not then I might just stay here." Mandy says as she shoves another spoonful of cheerios in her mouth. 

Brian chuckles a bit. "Now you know the rules." Brian says causing Mandy to nod her head. "Bring the keys, lock the door, don't talk to strangers." Mandy recites causing Brian to nod and kiss the top of her head. "Now I have to go to work." Brian says grabbing his keys. Brian was very secretive about his work life, she didn't even know where he worked.

"Okay." Mandy says with a smile. "Love you Mands." Brian says. "Love you too Bri." Mandy says with a smile. Brian leaves, she hears the truck engine and the wheels peeling out. She sighs as she goes and puts the bowl up.

She walks to her room and gets dressed into a black tank top, a pair of loose jeans and her converse. She smiles as she grabs her keys, locks the door, and starts walking. When she was only a few blocks away she bumped into someone. 

"Shoot I'm sorry Mister." She says. "You're okay kid." The voice says. An Asian man was looking down at her, a small smile on his face. "Where are you going anyways?" The man questions when Mandy tries to walk away. "My friend's house." She says simply. "And they are?" The man questions. Mandy knew she couldn't trust this man.

"Angeline, she lives over there." She says pointing at a random house. The man sends her a nod and lets her walk away. "Creep." She mutters as the man walks further and further away. She then rushes towards the Toretto household. She knocks at the door. "Mandy!" Jesse exclaims as he opens the door. 

"Hey Jess." She says as she walks into the house. She turns and sees Mia, Dom, and Letty sitting there giving her a look. "Am-Am I in trouble?" Mandy questions. "The buster is your brother isn't he?" Dom questions, an amused look in his eyes as one of his eyebrows raised. "How did you-" She stops as Mia stands. "I dropped him off last night, might I remind you I used to drop you off too." Mia says causing Mandy to groan.