𝟬𝟭.

STANDING THERE, IT FELT LIKE time had stopped, the birds had stopped chirping and singing, the wind stopped blowing, she heard nothing but the soft hum of silence, even the tears that had escaped her eyes didn't bring her from her horrid thoughts. It was like everything was returning to her at that moment and loud chattering filled her ears once again.

Staring down at her brothers and fathers graves was not a pleasant memory, wearing a black gown with a corset that hugged her waist (which she was not happy about wearing) and a dark gray hood over her head. Although she never enjoyed her father as he was abusive to her and her brothers, losing him hurt but what hurt even more was losing her dear brothers. Oh, how she missed them.

How she missed Damon's jokes, getting her a beautiful red rose after every time he would safely return form war or just when she felt sad and low. She missed his hugs and how he would play ball with her, careful to take it easy on his sister as always.

Stefan. She missed him as well, her older brother. More tears found it's way down her cheeks at the thought of when the two would sneak off at night, into the library and enjoy their time reading books at peace or just sit by the lake, speaking about how their day had went. Everything was perfect until one night. So much could happen in one night.

Katherine and Cora got along just fine, drinking tea with each other and at times, Katherine would often help Cora with her studies and lessons. The doppelgänger even considered her as the sister she never had but of course, lived up to the promise she made to herself four hundred years ago.

Don't look back.

Coras gloves hands reached up and wiped the tears that had escaped her eyes and turned around. Everyone was speaking on the other night and how half of the founding families had passed, especially the Salvatores. She walked out of her families crypt.

People that walked past her gave her small pitiful smiles, whispered under their breaths or apologized for her loss which she thanked them and hurried away. Cora hurried to her home and packed her bags, all her gowns and needed essentials. Katherine told her that if anything went wrong, she told her to leave. And someone went wrong.

Cora soon found out Katherine wasn't human but the doppelgänger never told her what she was which lead to her being frustrated but she couldn't pry the answers out of Katherine so she accepted it. She didn't like Katherine anymore since she caused the chaos in her family but she needed to get away.

Once she finished, it was already sunset leaving her to sit down on her bed, her bag still packed then she stood up, peeking out the window to see it was turning dark so she closed her windows and began undoing the corsets without trouble and slipped it off then scurried and changed her clothes into a renaissance gown without a corset and flats.

Cora didn't know where to leave but anywhere was better than Mystic Falls and so, she threw her heavy bag over her shoulder and hurried down the stairs, her flats making it much easier to walk. When she opened the door, she peeked her head out, alarmed for anyone but now, it was empty making her hurry to the forest.

As planned, there Katherines glorious horse stood, a white big stallion making her slowly smile, she climbed onto it with struggle and wrapped her arms around her neck. Katherine told her the horse will take her to a very safe place but never where.

Cora lightly kicked the horses sides and it began running while she smiled, the wind flying past her hair.

Katherine planned on letting the horse take Belle to New Orleans, She also got Cora a small warm bourse for her to stay in that the horse will take her to next to where a specific hybrid would be. She knew he would be infatuated with Cora which would give the vampire time to get away and be free for a couple of years at least. How did Katherine know? Everything always went according to plan for her.