𝟬𝟴.

CORA WALKS WITH A PINK ROSE in hand. She frowns, staring at the memorial of her boss. She noticed two young people, possibly on their late twenties holding onto each other, staring at her grave as they cried into each other's arms. A frown falls upon her lips as she hesitantly makes her way over to the grave, her clutch on the rose tightening.

"Er...hello." Cora greets and the two look at her. A man and woman. They shared similar features, olive skin, piercing green eyes with soft brown hair. They dressed nicely and she could tell they were people of money. "I-Is this your mother?"

"What's it to you?" The girls snaps, sniffling with a harsh look that causes a frown to fall upon Coras lips.

"I apologize in behalf of my sister, we've been having a rough day and yes...this is our mother. Some ragged animal attacked her." The boy speaks and holds out his hand. "I'm Charlie, Charlie Martin and this is my sister Charlotte." He smiles softly.

Cora returns the smile. "Cora Salvatore, it's a pleasure to meet you too." She said but Charlotte only looks down, attempting to not show her tears.

"I'm sorry but did you know my mother? She wasn't quite the social person, we're the only ones that came..." Charlie says and Cora swallows the lump in her throat, only feeling more guilt.

"Uh, I used to work in her library. She's quite the... sweetheart." Cora lies and Charlotte scoffs.

"You're bluffing. She's possibly the rudest people you could come across. Even we know that." Charlotte spat and Charlie nudges her sides.

Charlie smiles timidly. "Thank you. We should uh get going, I hope to see you again, Charlotte." He waves his hand lightly.

"As do I." Cora returns the smile and they walk away making her sigh then look down at the grave. She kneels down and places the rose on the grave.

Cora stares down at the grave. She couldn't help but feel guilty. Florence had two children. She didn't know that Klaus would kill her. She thought he would simply comfort her because that's what she needed, she needed comfort, not the death of the lady but Klaus clearly didn't understand that.

Just as a tear travels down her cheek, she hears footsteps behind her but didn't pay mind to it, thinking someone was just visiting a loved one. "Cora, now how did I know I'd find you here?" His voice is amused with no remorse.

She immediately stands up, whirling around to face him with an angered look. "How dare you speak to me?!" She yells, pushing his chest but he isn't fazed at all. Rebekah told him she knew everything and was supposedly alright with it. "You killed her! She had children, Niklaus!"

Klaus shrugs carelessly. "She fired you. You should be thankful, I was doing you a favor."

"By bloody murdering her?!" Cora cries out in disbelief and raises her hand but Klaus quickly catches her wrist, staring at her.

"Don't lay a finger on me." Klaus grits through his teeth, pulling her closer as she swallows the lump in her throat. "She fired you without a reason, I'm not going to let it slide! If that's what your looking for—"

"I'm not looking for anything!" Cora attempts to remove her wrist from his grasp but fails to do so. "I just want a simple life, Niklaus. I wish for nothing more but-but this fiction with vampires, werewolves and witches. It's overwhelming and..and you killed her. It's the constant replay and guilt!!"

Klaus frowns. "She's old. She would've died in a day or two." He defends himself.

"That's not the point." Cora whispers and Klaus' frown only deepens. "You killed someone."