𝟬𝟮.

CORA FOUND NEW ORLEANS absolutely stunning with the people who treated her in a kind manner and one even offered her a job at the library with a bonus of allowing her to keep a book for a week which she gladly accepted, not minding the fact she inherited all her fathers money and he was a rich man which now left her a rich woman but she wasn't going to live off of his money and she also wanted to be independent.

Right now, she had went to the towns library for work and chose a book about feminism and women rights, she always noticed how her father would never allow her to do things her brother effortlessly did and allows claiming her to be a women meaning meant for the kitchen and to procreate which she found ridiculous and would speak for women rights only for her father to wave her away.

The book is called 'Letters on Women's right' which is based on a woman from the 1700's named Abigail Adams writing a letter to her husband, John Adams,  on women rights which he jokingly turned to a book. She read the part of Abigails letter and her lips slowly curled up until she reached Adam's part of the letter showing that men are the leaders and simply cannot give them more will and freedom.

Suddenly, she bumped into someone making her stumble back with her book falling to the ground. She looked up to see a beautiful 'young' lady at least in her teens with curled blonde hair, sea blue eyes and a thin body.

Cora looks down as the lady bends down and picks up the book but instead of handing it to her then getting on with his day, she reads the book title. "Ah, letters on women rights, it's quite the book." She looked to her with her thick British accent and she raised a brow.

"I suppose it is." Cora awkwardly cleared her throat. "You've read it? Who do you agree with?" She asks as she hands her the book, smiling. Cora, with no doubt, is a social person and makes conversation with most, always seeking their opinion.

"Of course Abigail and not her fool of a husband," she spoke and tilted her head to the side. "Rebekah, Rebekah Mikaelson."

Mikaelson. That name was rich in New Orleans, it's all Cora heard people talk about. The Mikaelsons being the founders of New Orleans and a very powerful family, not only rich but also very feared amongst the people but here Rebekah was, introducing herself with a small smile.

"Cora Salvatore." She greeted slightly and Rebekah tilted her head to the side, she didn't like humans, she now found them silly and a waste of time but this one seemed a little more interesting and open minded then the rest who were taught to look up to men.

"You must be new to town." Rebekah inspected her face, taking in her features. "The horse girl who barged in, am I right?" She asked and the Salvatores cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"You'll have to forgive me for that, it wasn't exactly my time of day." Cora spoke, blushing in embarrassment for the title Rebekah had given her.

Rebekah nodded. "I hope you don't mind me asking but," she pursed her lips, not used to making conversation with strangers. "Where did you originally originate from?" She asked, surprising Cora with the girls interest in the conversation making her smile.

"Virginia, Mystic Falls." Cora explained and Rebekah took a pause, glancing behind the Salvatore before nodding. "I've heard your family are the founders of New Orleans." She continued the conversation, completely oblivious to the presence behind her.

"Ah, yes, you've heard of us." She let out a quiet gasp, turning around to face the man who appeared out of nowhere while Rebekah rolled her eyes at her brother. "Come, Rebekah." He told her and Rebekah stood next to him. "And who must this beauty be?" He leans closer to Rebekahs ear, whispering so quietly, no human would hear. "A snack, perhaps?"

Cora raised a brow at the man and had taken in his appearance. His hair was a dirty blonde with sea blue eyes, holding a tint of green but she could tell his eyes held mischief along with his dark shade of pink lips that held a wide smirk, showing his dimples. She noticed both him and Rebekah share similar features and only hoped so did their personalities.

Rebekah glanced at her brother, unsure of what to do. She could just allow her family to feast on the girl but that would've just been a waste of her time and besides, she had a good feeling about this girl and like most know, Rebekah Mikaelsons instincts are rarely ever wrong.

"Cora." She answered for herself. "Cora Salvatore and who must you be?" She asked, hugging her book to her chest with a slightly interested expression.

"My brother, Niklaus." Rebekah answered for him.

Klaus rolled his eyes before correcting his sister. "Niklaus is the name my father gave me. Please. Call me Klaus." He smiled and turned his attention to his sister. "I suggest we get home...now."

Rebekah spared a look at Cora, nodding at her. Cora smiled lightly, bowing her head for a moment before turning around and walking away, not wanting to invade the families invasion. Klaus allowed his eyes to follow the brunettes out as she turned around, waving slightly at the duo before disappearing into the crowd of people making Klaus turn to his sister.

"Don't get too attached, Rebekah." Klaus spoke, knowing Rebekah gets easily attached to those around her. "She is human. Her life means nothing." He turned around and walked away.

Rebekah blinked at the spot Cora last stood before following in behind her brother.

Cora made it home to see a newspaper thrown by her door making her raise a brow but she bent down and picked it up before hearing a neigh come from the barn making her lips unintentionally curl up, tucking the newspaper by her elbow and pressing it to her sides before lifting up her sleeves and hurrying to the barn, her smile widening at the sight of Maximus.

From afar, curious eyes watched her, wanting to know what intrigued his sister so much to have a conversation with a human. He tilted his head to the side, arms behind his back and he came to a conclusion that the girl had no bad intentions.

Cora had cleaned the horses shoes the other day but was too exhausted to clean the rest of him and she knew Maximus was aching to be cleaned after his long trip to New Orleans.

She grabbed a curry comb and began to softly brush him while Maximus stood obediently as she spoke to him about how her day had went at the library, the pretty girl with the names of 'Rebekah' and her rather strict yet charming brother with the name of Niklaus who liked to be called "Klaus" instead since his father had named him that. She quickly came to notice that he had troubles with his father.

"There we go." Cora smiled lightly at the sight of her horse then got a different brush— a hard brush and began brushing through his straight. She knew Maximus enjoyed this part the most.

She quickly finished everything else she needed to do before stepping away and smiling lightly then spraying Maximus with bugs spray. She took a step back and began petting Maximus before turning and closing the barn then opening the newspaper.

Beginning from Mystic Falls, up to Richmond, hundreds of families going from the ages of twenty and above being drained of blood with no traces whatsoever, some even being found headless. Is Virginia in risk of a serial killer?

Cora breathed shakily and hurried in the house, the pair of eyes that was watching her now gone to check out the newspaper to see what had caused the look of terror in her face expression.