𝟭𝟲.

KLAUS, ELIJAH AND REBEKAH stood farther away from the crowd that surrounded Coras memorial. Rebekah cling onto Elijah while he rubs his back. Klaus has his hands in front of him, unlike when it was behind his back. He held a blank expression and remembers the three words Cora tried to tell him.

I love yo...

A pained look falls over his face and he speeds away, over to her house. Klaus stood by the door before nodding to himself. He enters before looking around, the house still smelling like her. Patchouli. His lips turn down to a frown and he recalls something else Cora told him.

Under the mattress of my bed.

Klaus speeds over to her bed and throws the mattress away. He looks, noticing letters and he frowns, picking them up and each had names.

Damon.

Stefan.

Rebekah.

Elijah.

Jules.

Marco.

Charlie.

Charlotte.

Niklaus.

He picks up the one with his name and tears the envelope before opening it up.

Hello Niklaus,

I left letters for everyone in this town that has made me feel things I had never felt. My brothers made me feel loved, Rebekah is my first trust worthy friend, Elijah makes me feel like I'm apart of your family. I had lost my mother when I was quite young but Jules treats me as if I'm her own, Marco has shown me kindness that managed to get me into Harvard, Charlie and Charlotte prove that family is all you'll ever need, even if it's only one person.

Now you...

Klaus' breath hitches, tears traveling down his cheek.

I've fallen in love. Yes, I do love you but I'm also deeply in love with you. Every moment with you makes me feel like I'm floating. I wish nothing more than to travel the world with you but I cannot. You must be wondering, how do I know this?

Jules is a seer, she knew I was going to die but didn't know how. She said it was either me or you. Mikael would kill one of us. And I'd choose you to survive any day.

Klaus sets the letter down. It could've been him.

Now, before you go and blame yourself, it was inevitable, I just really hoped it wasn't because I would've loved spending more time with you.

you must be wondering, why didn't I tell you I knew I was gonna die? Because that would ruin the friendship and you'd be the one who ends up dead. There is no earth without the big bad hybrid, am I right, Niklaus?

I left you letters to love me and leave me.

In the night of the full moon, do remember, I will always be by your side. Do not push the pain away, let it take over.

Be kind to others, it doesn't make you weak, it shows that your stronger than they could ever be. But even if, it's okay to be weak and vulnerable. That shows that your capable of being loved.

Like I love you.

Do me a favor and make sure everyone gets their letter.

Love,
𝒞𝑜𝓇𝒶 𝒮𝒶𝓁𝓋𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇𝑒.

He swallows the lump in his throat and picks up the letters, placing it in his pockets before speeding over to a small house. The mansion burned down and they acted as if she was in the building. Klaus kept her body, she wasn't in her grave but rather in a white coffin with orchids attacked to it.

He makes it to the small house and walks inside, immediately greeted with her body on the coffin. A sigh escapes his lips as he walks closer, opening the coffin to see her in black trousers and a green tunic, he looks to the bracelet he got her and his eyes burn with tears and one escapes after the other.

 A sigh escapes his lips as he walks closer, opening the coffin to see her in black trousers and a green tunic, he looks to the bracelet he got her and his eyes burn with tears and one escapes after the other

Klaus' hands slowly traces the bracelet before looking up, swallowing the lump in his throat until he looks down at her. Hes immortal meaning he'll never die. He cups her cheek, rubbing it softly. "I'll see you on the other side...one day." He whispers, leaning forward and his lips make contact with her forehead. He takes a deep breath, as if accepting the fact she's gone. "I love you, always and forever."

Klaus pulls away and closes the coffin. When he turns around, Elijah is in front of him. Slowly, Elijah takes a step forward and embraces his brother.

the next chap is a epilogue

how sad, Cora died without accomplishing any of her goals (wearing pants), going to Harvard or finding her brothers