𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

┌───────────────────────────┐
Authors note: ⚠️Originals spoilers
└───────────────────────────┘

ELIJAH AND NIKLAUS MIKAELSON sat on a bench together, each holding the other half of a white oak stake. "What if there's nothing after this? No peace, no Cora...just darkness." Klaus whispers.

Elijah looks at him in surprise, not expecting him to still be thinking of the girl. "After all this time?"

"I could never forget her." Klaus sighs. He told Damon and Stefan about her in their dinner but Elijah didn't think much of it. He even gave them the letters which made the brothers angrier at him because they blamed her death on them which only made Klaus feel worse about it.

Elijah smiles softly, swallowing the lump in his throat with tears in his eyes. "Then we face it together." He nods with his brother and they stand up together. "As always."

Klaus opens his mouth before closing it. "I don't deserve the love you've given me...but I am so grateful." He puts a hand on Elijahs shoulder.

"It's been a glorious ride Niklaus."

Elijah and Klaus smile at each other. "And the greatest honor." He says and they nod at each other, lifting the stakes, giving each to her one last smile,

Before piercing the stakes into each other's hearts, the two gasping as they held onto each other, grunts escaping Elijahs lips. The two stare at each other, grey traveling up their necks to their faces, skins turning to dust.

-

A gasp escape both their lips, parting ways and they look around, it's no longer nighttime but, the sun was beaming down at them. Elijah looks at Klaus before the two embrace each other until they heard muffled voices. Their eyebrows furrow, pulling away.

Klaus' face vamps out. "I'm still a hybrid." He whispers. "Where are we? Last I heard, the other side was broken."

Elijah swallows the lump in his throat again. "Let us find out." He says and they nod before walking towards the voices of laughter.

When they make it there, they see Hayley, Lexi and Stefan, chatting with a familiar Salvatore who sat on the trunk of a car, rocking her feet forward while wearing jeans and a purple Henley shirt with a black jacket, her hair falling over her face as she laughs.

Their eyes turn to the two and Hayley pauses. "Elijah? Klaus?" She asks in shock before running over the Klaus, embracing him. Then, she pulls away and hugs Elijah tightly.

Stefan helps her off the cars trunk as she stares at Klaus, lips curling up. "Impossible...you aren't.."

"Supernatural? Anything's possible." She takes steps closer to him. "You've kept me waiting Niklaus. Welcome to the other side." She grins, running over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. He laughs, arms wrapping around her as well.

When they pull away, he presses his lips to hers as she cups his cheek, looking at him. "And for the record, I love you more." She smiles.

┌───────────────────────────┐
Authors note: and they died happily ever after.
└───────────────────────────┘

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𓆩𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𓆪 🎉