Chapter 11: Songs

Some elven maidens brought some fresh clothes. Which just so happened to be dresses. Amanda was not happy about this, as she is not the biggest dress wearer. In fact she had only woren three dresses... Ever.

" Do you not have anything normal to wear? Like trousers?" Amanda asked them as the elf maidens looked to her in disgust and horror.

" I am afraid you may have to wait until the seamstress has finished. These should do for now though." A soft gentle voice spoke as Amanda turned to look upon Lord Elronds daughter. Arwen. Amanda bowed to her slightly as she smiled.

" Lady Arwen. Pleasure too meet you." Amanda spoke as she held a purple dress made of some of the finest material in Middle Earth.

" Please, The pleasure is mine my lady." Arwen smiled to her as Amanda looked to her had a look of disgust.

" Please, Do not call a lady. If you call me such it mean I would wear dresses and allow the men to fight my battles in my stead. Which I most certainly do not have any intention of doing. And that really sounded a lot less offensive to woman in my head." Amanda said quickly as Arwen laughed softly to her.

" Everyone you have travelled with are dinning with my father." Arwen smiled too her. Amanda sighed and gave in. She would wear the dress as she would rather not wear her dirty blood stained clothes to dinner with a Lord. Amanda looked at the dress and then Arwen.

" I have no idea how to put this on. Would you mind?" Amanda asked shyly. Arwen nodded and stepped forward to help her into her dress. Meanwhile, the dwarves we all sitting around a table with elven music played softly in the background.

"Try it. Just a mouthful." Dori mothered over Ori, trying to make him eat his vegetables like a mother to her child.

"I don't like green food." Ori said as looked at the plate of vegetables in disgust.

"Where's the meat?" Dwalin called out looking around the tabe of green.

"Have they got any chips?" Ori asked with hope, as they were a vegetable as well. They all looked to the door when a soft laughter was heard from it.

" You should thank the elves for the food, not turn you nose up at it." Amanda smiled to them as she rounded the corner. The soft light purple dress with silver swirls upon the stomach and chest. It the stopped at the waist and gently fell to the ground The sleeved held tight to her upper arms and stopped above the elbow, before falling gently with thin material towards to ground. Her hair had been pinned up with little gems to decorate it. Bofur stood up and walked over to her with a large smile upon his face.

" My, don't you look lovely." He smirked to her extending with arm and guiding her over to the table. He helped Amanda sit down. She now had Bofur to her right and Kili on her left. Kili had not been able to remove his eyes from her. She was stunningly beautiful in the dress, even if it was elvish. Her smile lifted his heart with joy and wonder as her laugh sounded like peaceful music to his ears.

" Loving the dress." Fili spoke over the table. Amanda raised an eyebrow and looked at him

" Well, Don't get used to it. This is the first and the last." She growled lowly as the dwarves laughed happily. As her left eye brown rose slightly.

"Kind of you to invite us. I'm not really dressed for dinner." Gandalf said as they walked towards their chairs at the high table.

"Well, you never are." Elrond said back to him as they chuckled and took thier seats. Amanda watched Oin stuff a napkin into his hearing trumpet as the elf above him plays. She giggled gently and sighed taking a bit of the green before her and eat it. Kili looked in disgust as she did.