Broken Promises - X

Months passed, I found that despite the guild members being annoying, I could almost tolerate them.

Later, Keita went to buy a home for the guild, since we were able to grind enough col to buy one.

The rest of the guild members decided to go clear a dungeon on the 27th floor to impress him when he got back, just three floors below the current front line.

I voiced my concerns, but they waved me off, saying that they were high-enough level to beat it.

I sighed, remembering my promise to Sachi.

And so we set off to clear the dungeon.

...

"Oh sweet! A treasure room!" Ducker grinned, noticing a chest in an empty room.

I noticed the trap, "Hey, wait-"

But he had already opened the chest. Red lights blared as the trap was triggered.

"Yes, open the chest in the middle of a random empty room. Great idea! We're sprinting towards our deaths at record speed!" I yelled sarcastically as Mineral Elementals and Dark Dwarf Miners started spawning around us.

I herded everyone else in a corner, "Get in the corner! Do not engage! These guys are higher level than you because I'm here! They are strong enough to kill you in one hit! I repeat! They are strong enough to kill you in one hit! Do not take an offensive position! Focus on defending, holler if one of them gets close to you!"

I quickly flicked my menu open, switching my dagger out for my scythe.

Not even a second after I had finished switching my weapon, a Mineral Elemental came swinging at me.

I grabbed my scythe, twirling it in the air, and cutting apart any monster that got too close to me.

I held the scythe, which was considered a two-hand pole arm in the game, in one hand, which the game apparently allowed.

A few seconds later, my scythe became a whirling spinner of death.

I sliced open any monster that got close to me and the rest of the guild, but Ducker had to be an idiot and ran for the door.

"Idiot!" I hurled my scythe at the Mineral Elemental that was about to swing at him.

I rushed in with my speed stat maxed out, grabbing the scythe and swinging it around to cut apart a Dark Dwarf Miner that was approaching.

Suddenly, I heard screams.

I turned around quickly, and to my horror, everyone else had been killed. Only Sachi remained standing against the Mineral Elementals and Dark Dwarf Miners.

I cursed, and slashed apart the monsters around Sachi, unintentionally leaving Ducker to the mercy of the monsters around him.

Ducker died, and now Sachi was the only one left.

I had to protect her with my life. I made a promise. And I was going to keep it.

I fought hard, protecting Sachi against the monsters. I was hit a few times, but despite my HP being lower than Ducker's, my defense was too high for the monsters to deal fatal damage to me.

I fought non-stop until everything in the room was dead. I'm glad that when something dies, its body shatters, otherwise I would've had to make doubly sure that the corpses were actually dead.

When the room was empty, Sachi and I were the only ones left standing.

But then I remembered my promise to the Moonlit Black Cats when I joined them.