Duel of the Siblings - X

Well then.

Kirito is dueling Leafa.

"Alright, on the explosion, you may begin." I let loose an arrow as I said that, one that I could remotely detonate.

As the arrow exploded into smoke, both Kirito and Leafa charged at each other.

The funny thing about the broadsword is that whilst people expect it to be heavy, it can move faster than you think. This was exactly the case as Kirito matched Leafa's thrusts with her sword. It was a beautiful dance of blades.

They flew around each other, clashing blades as they passed each other, aiming for the other's wings. It was just like an actual dogfight.

"Go ahead and clash blades some more. You both need to vent, don't you? Express your feelings through your blades!" I called out to them. They both needed closure. I could tell that Leafa had developed a crush on Kirito, but as Suguha and Kazuto Kirigaya, they both had things that they needed to get off their chests.

After I yelled out to them, they seemingly fought even harder, with massive sparks coming from wherever they clash blades.

Yep, I can imagine Leafa has some serious issues that she needs to deal with. Not just with her brother, but probably also with me, considering all I did was piss her off in my spare time.

As they clashed, they spoke to each other, but I was a bit too far away to hear them over the sounds of swords clashing, so I paid it no mind.

I saw them back away from each other and grip their weapons tightly.

Ah, they're about to conclude the duel.

They rushed each other, but as they prepared to strike at each other, I noticed their grips change.

Gah, boring. Both of them were planning on giving the other a free hit.

At this point, I may as well shoot both of them down, but in a display of excellent self-restraint, I... Shot them both down anyways.

Well, I just did some of their HP, I didn't deplete it, but it was the end of the duel anyway.

I can tell, because they both discarded their weapons.

"X, what the hell?!" 

"What? You were both going to let the other take a free hit. I might as well hit you, then, right?"

I sighed, "Look, you both needed to vent, and I gave you that opportunity, can we focus on Asuna and Sachi now?"

Kirito and Leafa both stared at me for a moment, and they shook their heads.

"I need to go and process this for a moment, I'll come back maybe tomorrow." Kirito said, quickly logging off as his avatar disappeared.

I looked at Leafa, "I assume you need some time as well?"

Leafa nodded. I sighed, and patted her on the shoulder, "I won't bother you as much next time, take all the time you need. I'll do this myself if I have to."

Leafa sniffled as she opened her menu, "Thank you, X."

As she logged out, I stared at the World Tree, "Well then, that happened."

Leafa clearly had a crush on Kirito, but as Suguha and Kazuto, that would be considered forbidden.

I sighed, "Problems, problems, problems. The world really likes to hand me all the tough ones, huh?" I chuckled underneath my breath as I said that, "Man, fuck you too, world."

It wasn't just these relationship problems that I had to deal with. Ever since I reclaimed my name as Kayaba Hibiki, everyone has been avoiding me like the plague.

Can't be helped, I guess, after all, my brother is the one who caused thousands of deaths with a single game.

Personally, I didn't really care all that much about it, but when people see my acquaintances hanging around me, they start to get incredibly offensive towards them.

That would usually be when I start pulling out the knives. Literally.

Because I get attacked so easily because of my seemingly frail body, I usually have a switchblade on me, but I'd never actually use it on anyone unless it was for self-defense purposes.

But when I think of Sachi, I can already tell that she's going to get targeted.

I can't let that happen. No self-respecting older brother would let that happen to any of their younger siblings.

Then again, Akihiko was an absolute dick, and I didn't even remember him until a few months ago.

I flew to the bottom of the World Tree. Asuna was at the top of the damn thing, and Sachi was beneath the roots.

I calmed my somewhat agitated nerves and thought back to what I knew about Norse mythology.

Yggdrasil, the World Tree. It was a huge tree in which Midgard made up only a select few of the many branches of the tree.

At the top, there was an Eagle, and at the bottom, there was a dragon.

Running up and down the tree was a stupid squirrel called Ratatosk, carrying insults between the Eagle and the Dragon, getting them into a competition to see who can destroy their side of the world tree first.

I suppose some of us just like to see the world burn.

I'm assuming the guy who made this game took inspiration from that, making Asuna the Eagle, and Sachi the Dragon.

He would be Ratatosk, then, forcing them to try and break out, which would damage the World Tree, making it harder for the 9 races to get to the top, which was inaccessible in the first place.

I dunno, maybe I'm drawing conclusions, but that's definitely what it seems like to me.

On the other hand, wasn't the name of the Fairy King Oberon or something? Reminds me of Shakespeare.

I...

Oh no.

Oh, no, no, no.

There's no way. Does this motherfucker want Asuna to be his Queen Titania and Sachi to be a lowly servant like Puck?

Fuck that, no thank you. I'd rather commit mass murder than to let that happen.

We're going to get the both of them out tomorrow, and we're going to do it quickly, then I'm going to find this mother fucker and stab him 23 times in the chest, 67 times in the face, and 10 times in the nuts.

A/N: Welp, X is becoming more and more bloodthirsty.

Soon, he will be waging war against the world and nuking countries with hacked military bases.

I'm kidding, he's not gonna do any of that. That would be a son of a bitch for me to write.

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.